Reconciliation status

Options
:s It is driving me batty - When reconciling accounts, why, for the love of God, when I complete a reconciled transaction does Quicken jump to a already matched transaction? How does that help me? It is already matched. Quicken used to go to the 1st "new" unmatched transaction. Why has this stopped. I am wasting valuable time to scroll through the list of bank transactions to find the 1st new one. How to I get this back!!!
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand what you are describing. 
    "When reconciling accounts..."
    I'll assume that you're working in "Spending" Accounts, for simplicity.
    "for the love of God, when I complete a reconciled transaction does Quicken jump to a already matched transaction?"
    What do you mean by "complete a reconciled transaction?"  When I reconcile a spending Account I enter the statement date and the balance per the statement and then I'm taken to a new window that shows all transactions that "qualify" for possible inclusion for the reconciliation.  At that point I'm simply clicking on transactions in that window to get the difference between the cleared balance and the statement balance to $0.  I don't "complete" any transactions, I'm merely selecting them, and other than putting a check in the "Clr" column of the reconciliation window Quicken doesn't "jump" anywhere, it just waits for me to select another transaction or signal I'm done. 
    It doesn't seem like you're "reconciling."  Maybe this has to do with matching transactions in the "Downloaded Transactions" window?