I’ve lost quote/price data for all my investments before May 6, 2021.

E46
E46 Member ✭✭
It appears it was lost sometime during June. Has anyone run into this problem?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried validating your Quicken data file, paying special attention to the available options about "Correcting investing price history"?
  • E46
    E46 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding and I apologize for the delayed response. The 4th of July activities with family kept me busy.

Per your suggestion, I looked at "Validate and Repair Your Quicken File" under File Options. I first tried "Validate file," and the report made no mention of missing historical data (no read errors and all consistency checks passed), only some transfers may be damaged.

I then tried Repair under "Correcting investing price data." The process started with the status bar indicating it was about half done. At that point Quicken froze.

What is also frustrating is not only has Quicken dropped all price data downloaded before May 5, 2021, from my mutual fund account but also other price data I had put in manually.

Any thoughts?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a backup from before this happened? If you restore that and the prices are still intact, you can make that your new working file and re-enter any transactions since the backup date.

If the backup also does not work, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken.

I have Quicken set to do a backup to a thumb drive every time I exit. This has saved my data more than once.
    QWin Premier subscription