A debt account is listed in my account list but not available to transfer funds

Options
Hoppy6970
Hoppy6970 Member
I have a student loan debt account in my account list. When I go to transfer payments into it, it doesn't show up in the account list for fund transfers.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello @Hoppy6970

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Based on the information provided it sounds like the account may be hidden or separated. To check for this select Account (top left) >Hide and Show Accounts. For further details on this click here

Please attempt the troubleshooting step(s) above. If this does not solve the issue, let us know if you have any error codes/messages or any other discrepancies. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    For the transfer transaction, is the Transfer column visible in your register? Or are you trying to enter it in the Category column? If the latter, you need to use this exact syntax:
         Transfer:[Account Name]
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hoppy6970
    Hoppy6970 Member
    Options
    Thank you but I was able to resolve by NOT letting it be exclusively managed by online transactions. I lost the break down of principle and interest in the bill reminder for this monthly transaction but I was able to change the "Loan Payment" category to the bank account shown in Quicken. Now the payments on the loan show up in the loan account.
This discussion has been closed.