add attachment to scheduled transaction

Is there a way to add attachments to scheduled transaction

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Michael Karin, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with attachments. To clarify you are able to add attachments to future dated transactions but oddly enough you are unable to for scheduled transactions. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. 

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma  

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Michael Karin, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with attachments. To clarify you are able to add attachments to future dated transactions but oddly enough you are unable to for scheduled transactions. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. 

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma  
  • I was really hoping for a way to add attachments to scheduled transactions. Not being able to do this is a really unfortunate as I have to delete the instance of the scheduled transaction and then re-add the transaction to add an attachment. Really would like to see this fixed in a future update.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The problem in implementing what you're asking for is that a scheduled transaction is just that -- a singular entry in the database. As each scheduled event comes up, Quicken duplicates it into a stand-alone transaction. If you were able to add an attachment to a scheduled transaction, how would Quicken know which date or dates to move it to? The next transaction would be logical, but I'm sure some people would want other dates, or all dates, or selected dates -- so it would require a pretty major overhaul to create the database fields and user interface to accomplish that. Nothing is impossible in programming, of course; I'm just pointing out that it's not a simple matter to implement. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.