Getting pop-up telling me to - Upgrade from Starter to Deluxe ? (Q Win Canada)

Options
SteveF630
SteveF630 Member
edited September 2021 in All Things Canadian (Windows)
Why am i getting a pop up telling me to upgrade from Starter to Deluxe before it will enter my reminder transfer?

Best Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1 - what kind of transfer
    2 - what kind of accounts are involved
    3 - and what version .... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• SteveF630
    SteveF630 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My Starter subscription expires in Nov/21. I had my LOC set up as a Liability (loan) account. I set up a new LOC account as a credit account and my trial reminder transfer worked. That must have been the issue but in all my time with Quicken (previously Cash Manager - never Deluxe) has using that account designation ever caused the up-grade prompt. Oh well, it works now and I am grateful for you help. Cheers.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1 - what kind of transfer
    2 - what kind of accounts are involved
    3 - and what version .... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• SteveF630
    SteveF630 Member
    Options
    I set up a one time transfer reminder to move funds from my bank line of credit to my chequing account at the same bank. Typically, on the due date, I manually affect the transfer at the bank, then I click the item in the app and select enter and the transfer is shown completed. Recently, instead of processing the transaction I get a pop up message telling me that I have the Starter version and need to upgrade to Deluxe in order to complete the transaction. It has worked many many times over the years but suddenly it has stopped. I notice the only difference between the Starter version and Deluxe is the ability to manage investments. Neither of these accounts are investments and I would not be interested in having Quicken handle investments. Any ideas? I am working with Starter latest ver. R33.7.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What’s your Quicken Starter expiration date … 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the LOC account configured as Account Type = Loan or Account Type = Credit Card?
    Have you recently downgraded from Q Windows Canada Deluxe to Starter Edition?
    If so, the downgrade may prevent you from using the LOC account.
    Try creating a new LOC account as "offline" credit card account and start using that instead.
  • SteveF630
    SteveF630 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My Starter subscription expires in Nov/21. I had my LOC set up as a Liability (loan) account. I set up a new LOC account as a credit account and my trial reminder transfer worked. That must have been the issue but in all my time with Quicken (previously Cash Manager - never Deluxe) has using that account designation ever caused the up-grade prompt. Oh well, it works now and I am grateful for you help. Cheers.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note in the case of Quicken Windows Canadian, going from "Cash Manager" to "Starter" is a downgrade.
    This one surprised me given that Cash Manager was the lowest before and now Starter is, but Starter now lines up with Quicken Windows US Starter and doesn't support loan accounts.

The old Quicken Windows Canadian Cash Manager was very "generous" on the account types including loan accounts and even investment accounts.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890692/i-believe-windows-canadian-website-comparison-is-not-correct
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.