How can I move reminders from one account to another?

Options
Quicken 2015 Deluxe on Windows 10. I know it's no longer supported but I don't need the annual subscription version. I'm long retired, live on SS, don't have mobile devices, have only checking and savings accounts and don't have to file tax returns.

I recently changed banks and have several reminders for the old account. I changed the "Account to use" to the new bank but when I open the new account it says I have no reminders.

Hope somebody can help me with this.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    First, changing banks doesn't require creating new accounts in Quicken.  If you still have the same type and number of accounts, you may continue using the same registers.

If you do choose to create new accounts, you need to edit the old reminders to use the new accounts: press Ctrl + J, right-click on each reminder, select Edit this and all future references, change the From account or To account field as appropriate, and select Done.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    First, changing banks doesn't require creating new accounts in Quicken.  If you still have the same type and number of accounts, you may continue using the same registers.

If you do choose to create new accounts, you need to edit the old reminders to use the new accounts: press Ctrl + J, right-click on each reminder, select Edit this and all future references, change the From account or To account field as appropriate, and select Done.
  • castingman
    castingman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. That solved the problem.
This discussion has been closed.