Bank Bill Pay in Account Details - But I Use the Bank's Web site

Options
I set up my bills being paid via my bank's website. But over the last few months, when I update transactions online in Quicken, the bill pays that I set up for the future come in like transactions that I have to accept and match up. If I deactivate Bill pay on the account online details page in quicken, will that stop this? I want to keep paying my bills online via my bank - so I don't want to deactivate that service via the bank I have had for many years, just the annoying screen that makes me 'accept' the bill payments in quicken I have set up with my bank when I update my account transactions. Can anyone help, and is deactivating the "Bank Bill Pay" in Quicken the way to go? I do my bank bill pay directly on the bank's website. Not via quicken.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you're not using Quicken to issue online payments or transfers from within Quicken, you do not need to to have the online bill payment service activated for the register in Quicken.  If your financial institution is charging you a monthly fee to enable Quicken to issue online payments and transfers, remember to contact them when you deactivate the online bill payment service activated for the register in Quicken. 

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you're not using Quicken to issue online payments or transfers from within Quicken, you do not need to to have the online bill payment service activated for the register in Quicken.  If your financial institution is charging you a monthly fee to enable Quicken to issue online payments and transfers, remember to contact them when you deactivate the online bill payment service activated for the register in Quicken. 
  • Orion13
    Orion13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Sherlock. I can safely deactivate "Bank Bill Pay" In quicken then?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Orion13 said:
    Thank you, Sherlock. I can safely deactivate "Bank Bill Pay" In quicken then?
    Correct.
This discussion has been closed.