Investment Reporting: Report activity for a specific security

Options
kah
kah Member ✭✭
How can I create an investment report that reflects all the activity for a given security, either by security name or, preferably, by its symbol?

When I try to define a "new report" it looks like the "payee" field is where I would put the security name. But the drop-down of suggested "payee names" (Select All / Clear All) includes the activity type (e.g., "DIV") at the front of the field, so that I have things like "DIV Eaton Vance Fund" appearing in the list of possible payee values. Ugh!!

If I want to define a report showing all activity for "Eaton Vance Fund" (an entry in my Securities List), how is that done?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You would do this in the transaction register for the account, or investment account group. After making sure the Symbol column is visible in the register, enter the symbol in the search box, top right. You can then Print this as a report or export the register to CSV to import into Excel or Numbers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • kah
    kah Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RickO said:
    > ... making sure the Symbol column is visible in the register, ...

Wow. That's good. I didn't realize that I could add columns to the register view!! That helps with one part of my cleanup exercise.

The other thing I need to do, however, is across all the investment accounts so I don't see this working for that. I have a security that is showing up in the Security list as being active but I can't find where it is. I would like to report on the security (by symbol or name) across all accounts so that I can pin down (& fix) where it is still lingering.

Any ideas on how I would report a security in all (or multiple, selected) accounts?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @kah  Yes, this is easy to accomplish. In the let sidebar, click on Investing rather than an individual account. Your transaction register will show transactions for all your investing accounts. When you filter for a secret, it will shows all transactions for that security across all accounts.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.