stock split of 1,500:1 - but Quicken has limit of 1,000:1

thehelmster
thehelmster Member
edited July 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I get blocked entering todays reverse split on PMCB of 1,500:1. Any ideas? Thx :)

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Maybe enter it in 2 steps, 10:1 and 150:1? You might have to enter them on successive days.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't have any obvious problem entering two splits on the same date in my test file.  Since one component is a 1:3 version (or similar multiple of 3), you might want to be careful if your original share count is not a multiple of 3.  That is, my test of owning 3000 shares correctly came out to 2 shares after the two splits.  Some other original share count might produce a false number of fractional shares to deal with.   
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    wow - now that's really a penny stock - [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

PharmaCyte Biotech, Inc. (PMCB)

Other OTC - Other OTC Delayed Price. Currency in USD

0.0095+0.0002 (+2.16%)

As of July 9 3:59PM EDT.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• thehelmster
    thehelmster Member
    The issue is the stock split window opens an error message stating Quicken limits splits to 1000:1
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Maybe enter it in 2 steps, 10:1 and 150:1? You might have to enter them on successive days.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't have any obvious problem entering two splits on the same date in my test file.  Since one component is a 1:3 version (or similar multiple of 3), you might want to be careful if your original share count is not a multiple of 3.  That is, my test of owning 3000 shares correctly came out to 2 shares after the two splits.  Some other original share count might produce a false number of fractional shares to deal with.   
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    wow - now that's really a penny stock - [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

PharmaCyte Biotech, Inc. (PMCB)

Other OTC - Other OTC Delayed Price. Currency in USD

0.0095+0.0002 (+2.16%)

As of July 9 3:59PM EDT.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.