How do I archive only files up to Dec 31 2015?

Options
Quicken Premiere for Windows. Seems year end archive would take all up to Dec 31-2020. I want to keep 6 years of date readily and actively accessible.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @NV-VT,

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with archiving your file(s). I would recommend archiving your file a bit differently. 

First, select File >Copy or Backup File >Create a copy or template. 

Next, enter the dates desired for the new copy. 

Please note that you may need to reconnect your accounts, so make sure you have that information handy if needed. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Paloma I'm curious of why you recommended to use copy instead of year-end archive?

Maybe because of the requirement that the archived transactions be reconciled, and that tends to trip up people?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NV-VT
    NV-VT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I assumed year end archive would leave only 2021 transactions and registers active and accessible in the program. I only want to archive UP TO 2015. I want to be able to use 2016 and forward data. Can you tell me that year end archive allows me to configure so that only pre-2015 is archived and I can still see 206 and forward? And back to Palaomas' helpful idea, before I try anything, what do you mean that I may need to "reconnect" my accounts? Will archiving make me lose my online account configurations?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Year end copy would keep all the existing transactions in the archive, and remove any before the date put into the first date field (provided the transactions to removed are reconciled {on both sides of a transfer}).  Copy will cut off the transactions right on the dates given (for the copy).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/