How to Print Memo on Check Stub

Options
I need to have information printed on the check stub. It currently does not print anything on the stub.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using Voucher Checks? (One check, 2 stubs per 8.5*11" sheet)
    In that case, put a checkmark in Edit / Preferences / Write checks / Print categories on voucher checks.

• kschuh
    kschuh Member
    Options
    Looks like a good answer, but more info is needed. Where do I put the checkmark in Edit / Preferences.... Please back up a step or two. I used to have information print on my check stubs, but I assume after forced upgrades and a forces subscription with annual payments, this was lost. Since Quicken forced a subscription, I have only seen things work worse and longer hold times on support. Very unhappy. Quicken is easily my least favorite product.
  • kschuh
    kschuh Member
    Options
    During a forced upgrade, my check style was changed from Voucher checks to Standard Checks. I guess that is a feature. After changing to Voucher checks again, the fields printed fine.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kschuh said:
    Looks like a good answer, but more info is needed. Where do I put the checkmark in Edit / Preferences.... Please back up a step or two. I used to have information print on my check stubs, but I assume after forced upgrades and a forces subscription with annual payments, this was lost. Since Quicken forced a subscription, I have only seen things work worse and longer hold times on support. Very unhappy. Quicken is easily my least favorite product.
    First, Quicken didn't force you to upgrade or purchase anything.  You chose to.  And, if you're very unhappy with Quicken, just don't use it and cancel your subscription. 

Note: You may learn more about the options by selected the question mark icon at the lower left of the Preferences window.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edit / Preferences / Write checks / Print categories on voucher checks
    Please do the following:
    • Click on "Edit" in the Menu Bar
    • Click "Preferences" in the popup
    • In the Preferences view click on "Write checks" in the left column.
    • In the right column you will now see a line "Print categories on voucher checks" with a box to the left of it. Click the box to put a checkmark in it.
    • Click OK
    Please verify that you have selected to print Voucher Checks.
    Go into File / Printer Setup / For printing checks. Check Style must have Voucher Checks selected.