Zillow Zestimate not updating

I have some rental properties I track in Quicken. Previously, the values in Quicken when I click "Check for updated Zestimate" matched the Zillow website. However, since July 2021, I have noticed that none of the values have changed in Quicken, but they have all changed on the Zillow website. Its like the connection to Zillow has frozen, or is no longer updating. This is also happening with my primary residence in Quicken, so it seems to be broken for all real property. Any suggestions on what might be the issue here?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Hello @Paris1129

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Since this is happening with all of your property accounts, I would recommend validating your file, restarting your computer/Quicken session, and attempting to update again. 

To validate your dataset select File >Validate and Repair File. A visual example is below. 

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the same. I don't think its a datafile issue. It looks like Zillow may have made some changes on their end and perhaps the interface has not been updated.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    The Zillow update feature has been broken for a long time, and I don't think it has anything to do with data file corruption. My data file has been validated many times.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Paris1129
    Paris1129 Member ✭✭
    I tried the File Validation suggestion from above, and it did not do anything. Zillow values still the same from June, even though website has updated values.
  • Jason C3
    Jason C3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    To be fair I have had the same issue with Zillow on at least 2 other finance apps. From what I have gathered it appears to be something on their (Zillows) end. 
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I had a similar issue where Zillow did not update my property values as it stated there were no Zestimate for the property address. However, I came across this FAQ from @thecreator

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7868444/zestimate-not-working-for-quicken-windows#latest

I followed the steps and that solved the issue. Many thanks to @thecreator
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! Don't forget to click on Helpful. Thanks again.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• craigdred
    craigdred Member ✭✭
    That FAQ did not work. That would work only if Quicken didnt have so many bugs and instabilities.. I wish there was an alternative!!
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    > @craigdred said:
    > That FAQ did not work. That would work only if Quicken didnt have so many bugs and instabilities.. I wish there was an alternative!!

Right. It didn't work for me, either. I just go to Zillow website and look up the value of my home. Then I manually input it into the broken Zillow update box in Quicken. The incremental transaction then gets added to my home asset account register.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• I have a different solution to the same problem listed. My Zillow updates stopped working for my home and rental property many months ago, so I have been updating the values manually. When I followed the recommendation to edit the accounts and uncheck the "Use Zestimate" checkbox, Zillow did not recognize the addresses for either property. I have a unique situation that I have stumbled on in the past in web forms ... when I am asked to enter the zip code before the street address, the logic in that web form predetermines the city. However, it chooses the wrong city for my address. Both properties are located in the city of Farmington Hills, but the logic determines that the properties reside in Farmington (a neighboring city). So I decided to edit the addresses in Quicken when walking through the steps to reactivate the Zillow Zestimate feature, changing both properties to the incorrect city of Farmington. Zillow found both properties, and the feature started working again. And I verified that Zillow is looking at the correct properties. Sharing in case this helps a small population of users in a similar situation.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hello @Tim Szczensny, 

Thank you for your keen observation and workaround, it is much appreciated! 

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Aaron Baker
    Aaron Baker Member ✭✭
    Did not work for my situation. I live in the town of Raymond, but the post office (zip code) is Caledonia. The search does not find my house in Raymond, and "No Zestimate" for the Caledonia address. It works as expected for my last address in Colorado, and was working last year for my current... Have attempted all the suggested repairs, no help. Any ideas?
  • Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Similar problems here. Zillow in Quicken just shows "No estimate". But the estimate is available on the web site. Have to enter manually. Tried all the fixes. None worked.
  • Brian S.
    Brian S. Member ✭✭
    Similar here. Have tried all of the fixes. Zillow estimate readily available on it's website, but Quicken shows no estimate available despite recognizing the address.
This discussion has been closed.