How to fix missing cost basis for mutual funds

Options
I have 2 mutual fund accounts where the investment firm upgraded the account and gave me new accounts. I created the new accounts in Quicken and moved the transactions from the old accounts. Everything seemed to come over, but the cost basis in the holdings view show up as $0. I ran the repair to rebuild lots, but it didn't fix the cost basis not showing up. When I go into a couple transactions where I purchased the mutual funds, everything seems to be fine. Any ideas on what might be going on?
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please explain what you mean by upgraded the account and gave you new accounts.

If Account A became Account B, all you may have needed to do is update the association of register in Quicken from Account A to Account B.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account 

What I suspect happened is when you created the new accounts in Quicken, Quicken added placeholder transactions in the new accounts.  I suggest you delete these placeholders transactions.  You may want to review: Quicken FAQ: Managing Placeholder Entries in Quicken for Windows
  • davidha
    davidha Member
    Options
    You describe the situation about the upgrading of accounts. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your suggestion. I didn't see the placeholders when I was looking, but voiding them out appears to have fixed my issue. Thanks again!