I am unable to download transactions from USAA Getting SSL error (Q Mac)

Options
volkswagen725
volkswagen725 Member
I am using Mac 2020 Quicken Deluxe and connecting using Direct Connect.
The last download was 7/15/21. Anything change?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @volkswagen725

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties downloading your USAA transactions. Before suggesting any troubleshooting steps would you be able to tell me what error codes/messages you are getting exactly? What version are you using? 

To check the version being used select Quicken (top right corner) >About Quicken. 

Once more information is provided we can move forward with diagnosing and troubleshooting as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • volkswagen725
    Options
    I am using Quicken 2020 Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100)

Error: USAA is not responding. An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @volkswagen725

Thank you for the update. I'm wondering here if the issue you're having is potentially related to the Mac version you have. Do you know what MacOS you're running? When you try checking for updates do you receive any new updates? You can do so by going across the top to Quicken > Check for updates. I'm wondering if we might be able to sign back out and in to see if that might help with the error you're getting.

You can sign out and in by going across the top to Quicken > Sign out. From there sign back into your Quicken account and see if you're able to update your USAA account. 

Once you get a chance please try the troubleshooting and also let us know any additional details. From there we'll see what our next steps are.

• volkswagen725
    Options
    Hi, apologies for the delayed response, I ended up calling USAA tech support, and kind of re-installed direct connect... and linked to the existing accounts... that is about as technical as I can remember. But it worked. The problem that I am having now is duplicate downloads... this happened before, and think I called USAA. I am beginning to wonder if it's that my IMac is so old and I cannot receive any more OSupdates. Kinda sucks, because it works fine...
This discussion has been closed.