Updates to R34.24 conflict with Norton

Options
Rick Childers
Rick Childers Member ✭✭
I updated today and got they same types of errors from Norton that everyone else gets. Reverted to R34.16 and all works well. Are you going to get a fix for this problem? I'm getting the following error from Norton:

Category: Data Protector
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Status,Program Path,Program Name,Date & Time,Action Observed,Target

7/20/2021 7:16:48 AM,High,Data Protector blocked a suspicious action by qw.exe,Action Blocked,No Action Required,Action Blocked,C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe,qw.exe,

7/20/2021 7:16:48 AM,Suspicious process attempted File Mapping to access a file protected by Data Protector,C:\Users\RETRACTED\Quicken\RETRACTED 2016 Start.QDF

(I RETRACTED my personal information from above)

I have a lot of personal information in my Quicken program. It worries me when I get these types of errors. IS YOU PROGRAM SECURE?

Rick >:)>:) Childers

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Rick Childers & @jrw1956

Thank you for reporting that you are continuing to experience issues with Norton and the latest Windows releases.

Our teams worked with Norton and implemented changes to resolve this behavior, however, you may need to update the AV definitions in Norton to ensure your system has received these changes.

If you haven't already, please follow the steps available here, from Norton, that explain how to update the AV definitions.

Once done, please try to open/update Quicken once more and let us know if you continue to experience an issue with the Norton Antivirus.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• jrw1956
    jrw1956 Member
    Options
    I posted about the same thing earlier today. Only idea I have is to turn off the data protection and let it proceed. Quite concerned about my current data, if I'm going to lose it or not.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Rick Childers & @jrw1956

Thank you for reporting that you are continuing to experience issues with Norton and the latest Windows releases.

Our teams worked with Norton and implemented changes to resolve this behavior, however, you may need to update the AV definitions in Norton to ensure your system has received these changes.

If you haven't already, please follow the steps available here, from Norton, that explain how to update the AV definitions.

Once done, please try to open/update Quicken once more and let us know if you continue to experience an issue with the Norton Antivirus.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Rick Childers
    Rick Childers Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, I installed all the Norton Updates. Went back to Quicken and tried to update. When I click Help--> Check for updates, I get a message that says I have the latest update R34.16. So what happened to R34.24? Does one actually exist? Did you guys withdraw it? Did I get scammed when I tried to update to it and it was blocked by Norton?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Options
    Hello @Rick Childers

R34.24 is in staged release and has been currently paused, so it is not available for download directly within Quicken at this time.

If you would like to install this release, it is available by downloading the Mondo Patch available here.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
  • Rick Childers
    Rick Childers Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, I did not want it. But my Quicken updated to it and that is what caused my problems. I just wanted to make sure it was legit. Thanks for your help, all is working well now with R34.16