Update Bank Website For Amazon Store Card

Hello, Amazon store card is now using https://amazon.syf.com/login/ instead of https://www.synchrony.com/ or https://www.synchronybank.com/ which Quicken still point to when updating or creating a new account.

Best Answer

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    DaleB said:
    WOW what a way to endear users to seek your help. Yes adding it as a new account is now working. YES! It was not when I tried it a few days back.
    Hi @DaleB ,

B) What can I say? I am a person that backs up what I say.

As for why it works in an existing Quicken Data File or not, may be because the log files. While the Data File, can be good, the log file, can be corrupted.

Next time, you reinstall, before uninstalling, send the logs into Quicken, then uninstall, delete the logs, clean the computer and reinstall and see what happens.

If you use Acronis or similar program, you can always go back. That's how I learn. If it doesn't work, go back and try again.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:
    Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• DaleB
    DaleB Member ✭✭
    Yes the profile is not updated so this is my attempt to let Quicken know that it is an issue. Seems there are multiple people having an issue connecting to synchrony bank using an amazon card. This is the reason its not working.
  • thecreator
    Hi @DaleB ,

Excuse me. You are wrong. Review Down! Questions?

To see your Account Information in your Browser, go to: https://amazon.syf.com/login/ 

To see your Transactions for the past 90 Days, add Amazon.com Store Card to Quicken.

• DaleB
    DaleB Member ✭✭
    WOW what a way to endear users to seek your help. Yes adding it as a new account is now working. YES! It was not when I tried it a few days back.
  • DaleB
    DaleB Member ✭✭
    This may be why users are having the issue for this discussion and do not realize the site has changed.
  • thecreator
    Answer ✓
    DaleB said:
    Hi @DaleB ,

B) What can I say? I am a person that backs up what I say.

As for why it works in an existing Quicken Data File or not, may be because the log files. While the Data File, can be good, the log file, can be corrupted.

Next time, you reinstall, before uninstalling, send the logs into Quicken, then uninstall, delete the logs, clean the computer and reinstall and see what happens.

If you use Acronis or similar program, you can always go back. That's how I learn. If it doesn't work, go back and try again.

• glawa
    glawa Member ✭✭
    DaleB is correct for Amazon Card. When I looked at Account Details, General the Financial Institution showed SyncronyBankCards. I was getting a CC-503 error when trying to re-establish a web connect. I was allowed to select Amazon.com Store Card - Syncrony for the Financial Institution, which is now not showing as changeable. I could then re-establish a web connect.
This discussion has been closed.