EECU Fort Worth CC-502

Options
K109
K109 Member ✭✭✭
I would greatly appreciate it if someone from Quicken could look into whether or not Quicken servers will be able to connect with EECU Fort Worth going forward. I recently began receiving a CC-502 error and Quicken support has no answers. The institution states that they do not support Quicken, but I have been able to download from them for years without incident. I would like to know if a change in status has been made going forward so that I am not beating my head against a wall trying to get it to work.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    If it were available for the institution, I definitely would. I would just like a a definite yes or no so I'm not pinging back and forth between and Quicken and the institutions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K109 said:
    If it were available for the institution, I definitely would. I would just like a a definite yes or no so I'm not pinging back and forth between and Quicken and the institutions.
    According to Quicken's most recent fidir.txt file, EECU - Fort Worth, TX  supports the Express Web Connect and Web Connect connection method for banking and credit accounts.  In the end, the financial institution is source of truth as they may subsequently decide to stop producing the QFX file and block Intuit's Express Web Connect servers access to their web site.
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That is true. Most of the front line people at the institutions have no idea what Quicken is, though, so it complicates discussions with them as troubleshooting and/or diagnosis. Quicken seems to indicate this is a temporary server issue and continues to list the institution as an option to connect. If this is no longer an option, it would be great if Quicken could say so and remove the institution as an option to connect to so the error does not continue.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K109 said:
    That is true. Most of the front line people at the institutions have no idea what Quicken is, though, so it complicates discussions with them as troubleshooting and/or diagnosis. Quicken seems to indicate this is a temporary server issue and continues to list the institution as an option to connect. If this is no longer an option, it would be great if Quicken could say so and remove the institution as an option to connect to so the error does not continue.
    If Quicken thought that EECU - Fort Worth, TX no longer supported the Express Web Connect and Web Connect connection method for banking and credit accounts, Quicken would remove the entry from the fidir.txt file.
This discussion has been closed.