Incorrect Placeholder added to investment account after I download

Options
jz
jz Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
When I download an investment account, Quicken for Mac (QMAC) adds a placeholder for a security I don't have. When I delete the placeholder for the security, it keeps coming back. I don't have any shares in the security. The investment does not appear on the broker website. There are no transactions for the security in quicken account except for the placeholder (the security was renamed and stock symbol changed). I have tried transferring the shares of this bogus security to a dummy account; a "remove shares" transaction is added to the account but the share balance for the bogus security remains the same and the number of shares in the placeholder is doubled.

What should I do?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @jz

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the placeholder transaction. I'm wondering does it show up each time after downloading transactions again? Its very weird for it to keep appearing each time. What FI is this issue from and did you recently connect the account for the first time? 

I'm wondering if you add the information to the placeholder then delete it will it potentially work here? If you haven't tried this I would try to see if this might resolve the issue.

Once you get a chance let us know more details and if we're able to remove the placeholder.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.