Placeholder generated even though the quicken and broker totals are equal

I have two different holdings that are requesting me to create a placeholder even though my quicken and financial quantities are shown correct quanities. The two holdings are off the same number of shares. Example: quicken indicates I have 1503 shares of IBM. Fidelity indicates I have 1503 shares of IBM. Also, quicken indicates I have zero shares NEC and Fidelity indicates I have zero shares of NEC. When I do sync between Quicken and Fidelity I am requested to create two placeholders. One for shares of IBM for minus 1503 shares and plus 1503 shares of NEC. Quicken and Fidelity have me with 1503 shares of IBM and me with zero shares of NEC but when syncing, the placeholders indicate the opposite.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Charlieshull,

Has this problem been happening for a while, or did it just start happening?  If it's been that way for some time, did it start when you entered a transaction involving one or both of those securities?  Have you ever owned NEC, and - if so - could this have started around the time you sold your holdings?

Get beck to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the CUSIP IDs for the Quicken securities have been mismatched.  I suggest you uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window of the NEC and IBM securities.

The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.

This discussion has been closed.