How do you get 4 address lines printed on a wallet check (3 to a page)?

Options
Gary Van
Gary Van Unconfirmed, Member
I'm unable to have 4 lines of address printed on my wallet checks

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Interesting… I just did a test and it seems that Standard and Voucher checks will print 4 lines of address, but Wallet checks will only print 3 lines.

I would think this is a bug in the code. I don't think I've seen this reported before. I don't know how many people still print checks and use Wallet checks, so it may not come up very often.

I think for the time being, you will have to figure out how to either compress the address information into three lines, or print the check and print the missing fourth line on the check. 

I know the check-printing portion of the code is old, having come over from the predecessor Quicken Essentials which formed the code base for the modern Quicken Mac. There are multiple requests users have requested regarding check printing, including the ability to move the memo line independently, and the be able to change the font and/or font size, which the developers have not yet addressed because it would require re-writing the check-printing code. I would guess they will eventually tackle these changes, but its anyone's guess how high or low a priority they consider this. That said, the issue with the missing fourth line on Wallet checks does seem to be a bug, and I will report it as such.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What font style and font size (8, 10, 12 pt, etc.) do you use when printing Wallet checks?
    Have you tried a smaller font size?
  • jacobs
    Options
    UKR said:
    What font style and font size (8, 10, 12 pt, etc.) do you use when printing Wallet checks?
    @UKR  You're talking about Quicken Windows. Font size is not adjustable on printed checks in Quicken Mac. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jacobs said:
    UKR said:
    @UKR  You're talking about Quicken Windows. Font size is not adjustable on printed checks in Quicken Mac. 

Oh, that's weak! Has anybody put a word in the programmers' ears? AKA posted an Idea?
    As to needing more address lines now ... how about changing to Standard or Voucher Checks?

My 2cents' worth:
    I use Voucher Checks (1 business size check + 2 stubs on an 8.5x11 sheet). My printers do not have a manual feed tray or 2nd paper tray that can easily be reconfigured to feed partial pages (1 or 2 checks left from a 3-checks-per-page sheet), so for my occasional check printing needs Voucher Checks are easiest to use.
    When making a purchase decision for a new supply of check forms and considering your own check stock to use, consider how easy or difficult it is to feed special forms or odd-size partial pages into your printer.

• jacobs
    Options
    I did submit a big report, with screenshots, about the missing fourth address line after testing this yesterday. Since bug reports go into a black hole, we won’t know if they agree this is a bug or is something they know and haven’t fixed due to the size of a Wallet check. 

And there is an Idea post about being able to control font/font size on checks. As well as the more pressing issue of not being able to change the vertical alignment of the memo field independently of the address, which causes a lot of people problems.

The issue, I believe, is that the check printing code is an old carryover from 2010-era Quicken Essentials, and they haven’t yet wanted to tackle rewriting that part of the code.
This discussion has been closed.