Net Income Bar Chart Report Missing

Options
hman36
hman36 Member ✭✭
On the latest version of quicken for mac, on "Home" tab at the top there are three visual charts that you can cycle through. The third one is a "Net Income" bar chart that displays for the last 6 months. I want to see it for a longer period so I go in the official reports section and find nothing to do with Net Income. I mean... Can I make a custom one somehow? The main ones I want to look at are there on that "Home" tab. I really feel like there should be more visual graphs/charts built in than what is currently in there. I definitely would like to see my Net Income over a larger period if someone knows how to do this or if this was just something that was missed or what.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @hman36  You're not missing anything, I'm sorry to say. The Home screen is not customizable at all.

There's good news and bad news on that front. Many other Quicken users have asked for the Home screen to be customizable in an Idea thread on this forum. The good news: the developers have marked this as a "Planned" idea for future enhancement of Quicken Mac. The bad news: we have no idea when such functionality will appear. Some "planned" ideas materialize fairly quickly, and others remain un-done after several years. All we know is that it's part of their plans for improving Quicken Mac in the future.

In the meantime, while there's no way to generate custom graphs in Quicken Mac, you can easily create a custom Net Income report for whatever time period you wish and look at the results as a text report. And if graphs are really what you want, you can export the report to a CSV file, open it in Excel or Numbers, and fairly quickly generate a graph there. (This approach also gives you the flexibility to generate a comparison report of the YTD versus last YTD to generate a comparison line or column graph, if you want.) It's not as easy as just clicking on the Home page, but it's do-able with a little work if you want graphs while you wait the the developers to implement something more powerful in Quicken Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @hman36  You're not missing anything, I'm sorry to say. The Home screen is not customizable at all.

There's good news and bad news on that front. Many other Quicken users have asked for the Home screen to be customizable in an Idea thread on this forum. The good news: the developers have marked this as a "Planned" idea for future enhancement of Quicken Mac. The bad news: we have no idea when such functionality will appear. Some "planned" ideas materialize fairly quickly, and others remain un-done after several years. All we know is that it's part of their plans for improving Quicken Mac in the future.

In the meantime, while there's no way to generate custom graphs in Quicken Mac, you can easily create a custom Net Income report for whatever time period you wish and look at the results as a text report. And if graphs are really what you want, you can export the report to a CSV file, open it in Excel or Numbers, and fairly quickly generate a graph there. (This approach also gives you the flexibility to generate a comparison report of the YTD versus last YTD to generate a comparison line or column graph, if you want.) It's not as easy as just clicking on the Home page, but it's do-able with a little work if you want graphs while you wait the the developers to implement something more powerful in Quicken Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • hman36
    hman36 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your detailed response and suggestion. I will look into that and also I look forward to the future release and being able to customize the Home Screen as well as a larger variety of graphs to choose from!
This discussion has been closed.