Has Quicken totally changed how to edit budgets??? (Q Mac)

Options
qknfloridaguy
qknfloridaguy Member ✭✭
I swear when I recently went back to quicken for Mac I was able to set up a budget, rename categories to set it just like I want to. Now for the life of me I can not find a way to do it now since updating. 

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Budget editing has not changed significantly since being introduced to modern Quicken Mac, with the exception of a few important additional capabilities:
    • you can select which accounts to include in your budget,
    • you can select which categories to include in your budget, and
    • you can select any transfers you want to include in your budget (e.g. loan payments, transfers to savings).
    You cannot rename a category in the budget differently than it appears elsewhere in Quicken (but you can, of course, rename categories in the Categories window).

What specifically are you trying to to to set up your budget the way you want?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Budget editing has not changed significantly since being introduced to modern Quicken Mac, with the exception of a few important additional capabilities:
    • you can select which accounts to include in your budget,
    • you can select which categories to include in your budget, and
    • you can select any transfers you want to include in your budget (e.g. loan payments, transfers to savings).
    You cannot rename a category in the budget differently than it appears elsewhere in Quicken (but you can, of course, rename categories in the Categories window).

What specifically are you trying to to to set up your budget the way you want?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.