Can't add an account - Invesco

dc_350
dc_350 Member ✭✭
Trying to add an Invesco account. Put in the user name and password and Quicken finds the account but when I hi t the 'next' button I get a popup that says to enter the password for the account but there is nowhere to do that. When I hit the next button on the popup I get a an error message that says' We encountered an error. (But it's not your fault.)' Goes on to say 'Quicken is having trouble connecting to Invesco' even though it just did. Been going on over a week. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• jcsanders
    jcsanders Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured it out. I had a symbol, #, in my password at Invesco. Although the password worked at Invesco website in browser, Quicken/Invesco did not like it. As soon as I changed my password without a symbol Quicken was happy. I can now connect and download my Invesco accounts through Quicken.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dc_350

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend creating a test file and attempting to connect. Depending on the outcome of the test file we can determine any additional troubleshooting steps or escalation if needed. 

To create a test file select File >New Quicken File. From there select Okay, give the file a name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the file has been created it will prompt you to add the account(s). 

Please let us know the outcome of the test file so that we may move forward with diagnosing this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • dc_350
    dc_350 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response Paloma. I just tried that and got the same result. Popup asking me to enter a password but no place to do so...
  • dc_350
    dc_350 Member ✭✭
    One slight difference however. After entering the user name and password it goes directly to to the popup. Does not show that it found my account...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dc_350 - Sometimes when encountering this problem it helps to sign in as a different user.  To do this:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.  Then try adding your Invesco account, again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• dc_350
    dc_350 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Boat. Tried that just now. Same issue...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been having this issue for long or did it just start within the last couple of days?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• dc_350
    dc_350 Member ✭✭
    It's a Quicken file for my 97 year old mom. I was able to create accounts for her credit union, her credit card and her Janus account with no issues. It's just Invesco that exhibited this issue and it's been going on for close to 2 weeks now.
  • thecreator-b
    thecreator-b Windows Beta Beta
    dc_350 said:
    Trying to add an Invesco account. Put in the user name and password and Quicken finds the account but when I hi t the 'next' button I get a popup that says to enter the password for the account but there is nowhere to do that. When I hit the next button on the popup I get a an error message that says' We encountered an error. (But it's not your fault.)' Goes on to say 'Quicken is having trouble connecting to Invesco' even though it just did. Been going on over a week. Any thoughts?
    Hi @dc_350

If it is an Investment Account at Invesco and using Direct-Connect Protocol, you may need to call Invesco before you can add it to Quicken.

thecreator-bTesting Quicken Subscription Beta B63.19 (Nov. 2023) Installed 24/7.
    in Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3693 Quicken Classic Business & Personal

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A - Invesco
    Does your Invesco password have any special chars and how long is it -
    Can you log into the Invesco online investment website ?
    01214    01214    01214    Invesco    https://www.invesco.com    1-800-959-4246    https://www.secureaccountview.com/BFWeb/clients/invesco/index    ACTIVE   
    INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT              

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jcsanders
    jcsanders Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issur, cannot connect anymore to Invesco
  • jcsanders
    jcsanders Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Same issue. Did Invesco change their website again? This happened a few months ago and it took Quicken awhile to catch up. Getting attached error popout.
  • jcsanders
    jcsanders Member ✭✭
    I cannot connect to Invesco. Getting attached Popup which won't go away.
  • jcsanders
    jcsanders Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured it out. I had a symbol, #, in my password at Invesco. Although the password worked at Invesco website in browser, Quicken/Invesco did not like it. As soon as I changed my password without a symbol Quicken was happy. I can now connect and download my Invesco accounts through Quicken.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jcsanders

Thank you for the great insight, this will be beneficial for those users who are experiencing this issue. Please let us know of any questions or concerns if they arise. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.