Rename my Quicken file

Options
stocktic
stocktic Member ✭✭
The file convention which I have used for years to save a .QDF file is "last name_year_numerical month_alpha month". My file save procedure on month closeout was to save the .QDF file to a remote site, then use "Save As" to create a new name (ie - use the aforementioned convention but update the name with the successive month), save the file to my PC, where Quicken would ask if I wish to open the newly created file and I replied yes.

Quicken changed their save routine by removing the "Save As" feature. This is OK but, now my file's name (at the top of the Quicken page is stuck at "JohnDoe 2021 06June". Obviously, it is August already and I wish to amend the .QDF name by either:
1) rename the file at the top of the Quicken pages by using a command OR,
2) how to Save As and create my file name as I've been doing for years.

Can anyone inform me on how I might accomplish this renaming task? It sounds easy but, try to do it yourself.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want the equivalent functionality to the Save As feature, I suggest you exit Quicken and use Windows File Explorer to perform a file copy.  One way to switch Quicken to use new file is to open the file from within File Explorer.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also - why go thru all that hassle - just use the built-in Quicken BACKUP features ...
    - Auto backup - creates a time & date named QDF backup file afer X number of Quicken Open/Closes.
    - Manual backup - PROMPTS you to create a date named QDF backup file after X number of Quicken Open/Closes

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• RVASueEllen
    Options
    I tried the BACKUP method before logging on here - it doesn't work, tried again, no dice.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried the BACKUP method before logging on here - it doesn't work, tried again, no dice.

More details on why "it doesn't work", please.
This discussion has been closed.