I need a date format change - "08/01/21" is instead formatted as "/0801/21".

Options
Just upgraded to Mac Subscription (currently, v6.2.2) and pulled in my file from a previous version.

It appears all previous entries have ported over fine. However, the dates (while accurate) are all in an odd format.

For instance, Today...01AUG21....whichg should be formatted as "08/01/21" is instead formatted as "/0801/21".

How can I remedy this?
Tagged:

Answers

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I would look at System Preferences. This is where Quicken gets its instructions for dealing with Dates.

In System Preferences, select Language & Region. In that panel, click on the Advanced... button in the bottom right corner.

Now click on the Dates tab. You should see a format labeled Short with an entry / 4 1 / 76 
    Like this:

To fix this problem, click on and drag the Month element (the "4") in the Short format to the left of the slash character. It should now look like this:

Then click OK.

[Edit to add]
    You will also need to restart Quicken for this system change to be recognized within the program.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    This isn't a Quicken setting. You need to look at your Mac's Preferences: Language & Region Settings. That is where those funky date formats are being derived from.

It sounds like some custom date format has been toyed around with in the past.

This discussion has been closed.