Tonight I am getting "Sync Error" Warning. Anyone?

:'(
When I tried to Update all online Accounts, got: "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later."
Never have seen this error before in Quicken for Mac.

Am running macOS 11.5.1 with Quicken Version 6.2.2 (Build 602.39004.100).
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this error the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams did identify an issue in Quicken Mac causing an error when syncing, this issue has been resolved and this error should no longer be received.

If you are still receiving a "Sync Error", please reply to this thread to report the persistent error.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @BIS that's not the error I was seeing.

When I used Quicken Mac 6.3 tonight to update my five investing accounts the update was very fast; faster than I have ever seen, and no errors from any of the four source companies - two banks and 1 brokerage with five accounts.

Hope your problem gets resolved quickly.

Answers

• LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Saw that there is an update to Quicken and am updating.
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Installed Q for Mac 6.3.0 and syncing started but ended with same error message.
  • BenderMM
    BenderMM Member
    Same issue here!
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I'm also getting the error. For documentation purposes, here's a screenshot of the error message:

• edwardkaufman
    edwardkaufman Member ✭✭
    Check Pay strikes again. When is Quicken going to fix this abominable system?
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    @edwardkaufman I don't use Check Pay, so I don't think this is specific to or related directly to Check Pay. I'm just trying to update my accounts and download transactions.
  • Crawstup
    Crawstup Member ✭✭
    Image of Sync Error dialog box attached. Not particularly ready to begin deleting and re-entering account details until there is some certainty with doing so. Did find a couple of Quicken Community entries that applied to numbered errors but nothing in the Mac section that spoke directly to this error message. Help.
  • b4davis
    b4davis Member
    Anyone else unable to connect to update account?
  • swice99
    swice99 Member
    Unable to use online bill pay or reconcile
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    As the posted image shows, the error doesn't indicate which account(s) might be failing.

I have found that if I Update Selected Account Online one at a time (Command + U), all work without error except for one Bank account which worked yesterday.

This release/update of Quicken is dumbed down by not reporting what accounts are succeeding and which are failing. It's running silently until the Sync Failure appears.

I don't mind it being silent when a Sync works, but it has the information to tell users which accounts failed. We need to let Quicken know what we think.
  • swice99
    swice99 Member
    I work the same hours as the help line for online bill pay, my program just stay inoperative
  • edwardkaufman
    edwardkaufman Member ✭✭
    sorry, posted to the wrong comment/question
  • redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. I'm getting a Sync Error
  • Randy Mac
    Randy Mac Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Able to login without problem to my bank website but unable to update Quicken transactions directly through Quicken account update .
  • random
    random Member ✭✭
    The only accounts of mine that update are Direct Connect accounts (individually using "Command + U"). I get the Sync Error window on all other accounts when trying to update individually.
  • Crawstup
    Crawstup Member ✭✭
    My communications error spans ALL accounts. Am receiving zero updates on any accounts. Redundant, I know, but want to be clear. Message infers that Quicken servers are experiencing communications problems. Curious to see what this is about.
  • random
    random Member ✭✭
    The only accounts of mine that update are Direct Connect accounts (individually using "Command + U"). I get the Sync Error window on all other accounts when trying to update individually.
  • random
    random Member ✭✭
    No error now...
  • random
    random Member ✭✭
    No error now...
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this error the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams did identify an issue in Quicken Mac causing an error when syncing, this issue has been resolved and this error should no longer be received.

If you are still receiving a "Sync Error", please reply to this thread to report the persistent error.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    I am happy that Quicken quickly found and fixed the problem that we encountered yesterday. However the problem brings up two related issues.
    (1) Why wasn't this widely used use-case of updating & downloading transactions from banks and brokerage firms tested before the software was updated?
    (2) The update process only reported that a Sync error occurred, yet the problem account (bank or brokerage) was known by Quicken and ought to be reported to the use instead of not revealing where the problem occurred. Likewise it would be informative that the silent & successful updates should be know with a green star or some other visual indication or even a pop-up notification of success.
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Chat with Support yielded this reply:

AgentAug 3, 2021, 11:24am

Yes, this is an error that began yesterday afternoon and its still being investigated by our specialized department to have it solved as soon as possible, but we dont have an specific ETA on when it will be solved.
    We will need for you to try again in a couple of hours
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    (1) Why wasn't this widely used use-case of updating & downloading transactions from banks and brokerage firms tested before the software was updated?
    It doesn't appear that this was related to the staged release of version 6.3 of Quicken Mac, as 6.3 was release on Friday, and the issue was resolved without the need for an update of the desktop software.

Quicken rarely shares any information about the cause of online outages. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Well I am confused. Quicken Sarah says the problem is resolved, but just now an online support agent says there is no ETA for a solution. Guess I'll just have to try again when I do the next check for activity in my accounts.

I first encountered the problem while running macOS 11.5.1 with Quicken Version 6.2.2 (Build 602.39004.100). When I got notice that 6.3.0 was available, I updated to that version and the problem still existed.

There is a question of whether the problem is resolved or not.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Well I am confused. Quicken Sarah says the problem is resolved, but just now an online support agent says there is no ETA for a solution. Guess I'll just have to try again when I do the next check for activity in my accounts.

There is a question of whether the problem is resolved or not.
    Hello @LarryNolan

I apologize for the confusion and misinformation provided by the chat agent you worked with. 

To confirm, this issue was quickly identified by our teams and has been resolved as of yesterday evening (8/2/21). 

Our teams confirmed that this error was not related to the release of Mac version 6.3 and was instead caused by an internal server change. 

I would like to review the chat and case details from your recent contact with Quicken Care, were you provided with a case or ticket number for this interaction?

Please let me know, thank you.

Sarah
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Sarah, my online chat did not have a case or ticket number that I recall seeing - but I was not looking for one. Sorry. For the future, if Support is generating a case number, at the end of a chat Quicken should email a short message with the number, complete text from the chat.
  • BIS
    BIS Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Premier
    Version 6.3.0 (Build 603.40884.100)
    macOS 11.5.1

"...this issue was quickly identified by our teams and has been resolved as of yesterday evening (8/2/21)."

Sorry, but no.

Same problem: See screenshot.

Truly amazing.
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @BIS that's not the error I was seeing.

When I used Quicken Mac 6.3 tonight to update my five investing accounts the update was very fast; faster than I have ever seen, and no errors from any of the four source companies - two banks and 1 brokerage with five accounts.

Hope your problem gets resolved quickly.
This discussion has been closed.