Update Error "File In Use" [edited]

Jfaltynski
Jfaltynski Member
I keep getting the error message the process cannot access the file 'C:/program data/Quicken/Inet/Common/patch/quickenPatch/w1143/base/RPMMigration/MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process. But I have no other programs running.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Jfaltynski

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with updating your program. I believe you should just need to install the mondo patch as your program is trying to update but is getting stuck in this state. I'll leave the patch down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you get the chance let us know if you're able to get the program open and running again.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jfaltynski
    Jfaltynski Member
    Opened the patch, got the error message "Could not parse the URL 'Faltynski\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000\current/wiserver.wys'-it's either malformed or is an unkown protocol."
  • Jfaltynski
    Jfaltynski Member
    Not sure what happened, but it updated itself when restarting after that attempt. So I guess I am good now.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Jfaltynski

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad to hear it was able to update but wasn't the smoothest. Next time you do have an update available please let us know if you experience a similar issue again so we can take a further look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Jfaltynski
    Jfaltynski Member
    Opened the program today, searched for updates. Got the same type error message.