Why does the Planning/Budgets tab, Graph view, Year to date show me last August?

Options
I thought that Year to Date meant from January 1 of this year until today. I do not know how my budget for this year is performing because Quicken is pulling in the months from last year starting in August.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Year to date should use the first day of the month you have selected as the first month of the year through to today.  There are two places where you may have changed the first month of the year:

Otherwise, I suspect you may be misinterpreting the category pop-up bar graph which shows 12 months but highlights the included transactions with a darker bar.  To confirm, select the Transactions tab.

• theNav
    theNav Member
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock! I believe that I am indeed misinterpreting the category pop-up bar graph. Your screen scrapes above (which look exactly like mine) triggered another couple of questions: Do you recommend changing to Fiscal year in preferences? Do you know of a way to edit the budget year for the current budget?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theNav said:
    Thanks Sherlock! I believe that I am indeed misinterpreting the category pop-up bar graph. Your screen scrapes above (which look exactly like mine) triggered another couple of questions: Do you recommend changing to Fiscal year in preferences? Do you know of a way to edit the budget year for the current budget?
    I was not recommending you change from Calendar year.  I was providing the only explanation for the budget starting the year on August 1.

The budget year of an existing budget is not editable.  We may view future and past years of a budget by scrolling the budget view using the  at the top of the view.

This discussion has been closed.