Can't change my Quicken file name with copy in latest update today

dmanjapan
dmanjapan Member ✭✭
I like to update quarterly a new file name to keep my data spread out in different versions. Latest update but now I can make a non-functioning copy but I used to be able to just change the file name. Now I can't easily do that. Any solutions? I'd like to see a simple menu option to allow file name changes. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    One way to achieve the equivalent functionality is to select File > Show this file on my computer, exit Quicken, press Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V, F2, enter the new name, press Enter and open the desired Quicken file.

Note: Don't perform the copy if Quicken may be performing a scheduled update.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    One way to achieve the equivalent functionality is to select File > Show this file on my computer, exit Quicken, press Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V, F2, enter the new name, press Enter and open the desired Quicken file.

Note: Don't perform the copy if Quicken may be performing a scheduled update.
  • dmanjapan
    dmanjapan Member ✭✭
    Thanks. That'll help until Quicken gets around to making it convenient again. Wish they'd ask before dumping improvements on customers. Cheers.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just make a backup and add the date to it or change the name?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• dmanjapan
    dmanjapan Member ✭✭
    Yes, thank you. That would work too. It was just easier to do it in the program directly. I don't know why they didn't leave it in.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have modified my earlier response to eliminate the possibility that Quicken may update the Quicken file as it is being copied.
This discussion has been closed.