how to download 2017 deluxe again for reinstall

Options
jonarms2040
jonarms2040 Member
I just installed a new SSD in an older computer, and I can't find the download of the install program for Quicken 2017 Deluxe that I use. How can I get it in order to update the computer with the program to see my financial data.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't.  Quicken only makes currently supported versions of Quicken available for download and subscription Quicken is is only supported version.
    You might find a copy on Amazon or eBay for purchase.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you do find an older version of Quicken to install you will have to update it.  One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jcavan55
    Jcavan55 Member
    Options
    I have a legally purchased copy of Quicken 2017 and it won't install because my brand new WIN 11 machine "doesn't meet minimum system requirements." Quicken is not a company I would choose to do business with any longer. I purchased this software not a subscription. I was ripped off.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jcavan55 said:
    I have a legally purchased copy of Quicken 2017 and it won't install because my brand new WIN 11 machine "doesn't meet minimum system requirements." Quicken is not a company I would choose to do business with any longer. I purchased this software not a subscription. I was ripped off.
    As has been corrected many times before, you purchased a LICENSE to use the software under the conditions spelled out in the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement (depending on year).  You would have spent millions of dollars if you had bought the software and you would have the source code and could have that software modified to meet your needs if you truly owned the software.
    While, I think what Quicken has done in removing the ability of a user to reinstall/move their software if they get a new computer or have to rebuild their existing computer stinks and is bad for customer relations, you didn't get "ripped off".

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.