Investments in Foreign Currencies Errors (Q Mac)

Shaun World
Shaun World Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
The charts take the value of all currencies as equal
$1 = $1 = Euro1 = VND1
So the chart for my 1 billion VND (≈ $43.3k) Shows as the whole donut, and everything else is just a thin little line. (Doesn't appear to take currency rates in to consideration)

Now I'm sure that Elon Musk et al all have these amounts .....
And it does look very nice ;-)

SO, is this an error in the coding, or ?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This behavior is a known issue that our teams are working to resolve as quickly as possible and tentatively anticipate a solution to be available in the next upcoming Mac 6.3 release.

We thank you in advance for your patience while we are working to implement the solution.

Sarah

Answers

• ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    Just upgraded to Quicken v6.3 to get the new investment account dashboard but found it breaks the currency filter in Portfolio view.

If you have an account group like "Brokerage" that has multiple account of different currencies, you can select "Brokerage" in the left side panel then select the currency filter in the portfolio view to see the lists of stocks/funds by currency. With Quicken 6.3 the screen never refreshes for me. It just shows my Canadian investments and never switches to US investments when I select "All US Dollar Accounts". Big fail as I use that every day.
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2021
    Confirmed, very bad....hoping the fix is coming soon, they should withdraw the update until this is fixed

Luckily, I was able to revert to 6.2.2, as the App was still in the trash

I also use this everyday
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    [removed - inaccurate]
  • Gilles9
    edited July 2021
    It is certainly not design intent, most likely you talked with someone who has no idea what multi-currencies is and how it works
    if this was "as per design" we would not have the ability to switch from All US accounts to All Canadian accounts

I also posted under the "public releases and announcement" section, so maybe Quicken Marcus will be seeing this when he posts the announcement for Quicken for Mac 6.3

In the past Quicken was releasing the update by stage, so they could fix any new problems before the general roll out

• Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This behavior is a known issue that our teams are working to resolve as quickly as possible and tentatively anticipate a solution to be available in the next upcoming Mac 6.3 release.

We thank you in advance for your patience while we are working to implement the solution.

Sarah
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    Please communicate this to your support people. I raised a chat this morning case 8751272 and was told it was design intent.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @ddeacon

Thank you for providing your case number for the contact with Support.  I will forward this information to our senior leadership staff so they are aware and may follow-up with the agent as appropriate.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    Thanks!
  • zwzlife
    zwzlife Member ✭✭
    I also report the issues on the Portfolio View to Quicken, let's give them some time to fix it.
  • twoaussie
    twoaussie Member ✭✭
    I echo the frustrations of the other user, as I use the portfolio view feature every day and have investments in six currencies. I trade often, sometimes daily, across multiple brokers and I am using Quicken to keep track. I also echo the issue with the dashboard graph and while theoretically great, using the native currency for the graphs makes them useless. I have HK dollar investments, don't judge me for trying to make money on Chinese companies (unsuccessfully), but with the current HK FX rate, it makes this component of my portfolio vastly overstated, and the overall graph useless.
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    For those that ran into the problem I reported where portfolio view would not allow you to switch between views of different currencies, that has been fixed with an update today that I had to manually check for.

The dashboard is still broken though. @"Quicken Sarah" if you can look at that. Basically do this:
    1) In Portfolio View select "All Canadian Accounts"
    2) Go to Dashboard view and you see the total in the top right is in Canadian currency and is accurate. The list of securities in the holding list and other dashboard panels is the list of Canadian ones...all good so far.
    3) In Portfolio view switch to"All US Dollar Accounts"
    4) Switch back to Dashboard view. The value in top right is correct with total value of all USD accounts but the dashboard screens all still show my Canadian Accounts in each of the dashboard panels instead of USD holdings etc.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @ddeacon  I suggest you post this in the "Quicken for Mac v6.3 Released" thread, addressed to Quicken Marcus.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gilles9
    6.3.1 is released and fixes the problem with changing currency in the Investing view
    now accounts change with the currency changes, eg if Canadian currency is selected you'll see the Canadian dollar Brokerage accounts, and if US dollar is selected you'll see the US dollar brokerage accounts ( same for other currencies I suppose )

One problem remain in Dashboard: if I launch QM 6.3.1 and Canadian dollars brokerage accounts was selected, I'll see Canadian Securities in the dashboard "Holdings section"
    if you switch to the othe currency (US dollar) and look at the dashboard Holdings, you'll still see the Canadian securities holdings
    you need to quit QM (while US currency is selcted) and relaunch it to see the US securities in the Holdings section of the Dashboard

( and still the currency denominator ( US $ ) still has a problem when switching )
This discussion has been closed.