Reoccurring Issues with Capital One [Edited]

wasso
wasso Member ✭✭
I have notes from the last several years about issues with Cap1. Why specifically them? My file needs to be reset in Quicken every 6 months or so (basically everytime I use it) so that it can download from the bank. Then It doesn't know what account to attach the file to. Somehow reconcile (I always use the paper statement) just reconciled itself (6 months worth) just by me clicking "Reconcile".
Oh and "CTRL+R" didn't work yesterday, but is today. Another annoying bug they add or remove with each update.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @wasso

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Just to clarify when you state that your file needs to be reset are you referring to resetting your cloud data or resetting the connection with your financial institution? 

As far as the reconcile short keys not working, I would recommend sending a report the next time you notice it. To send a bug report select Help >Report a problem. You may also attach any additional documentation if you would like. Again I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Please provide further details and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • wasso
    wasso Member ✭✭
    I have 2 Cap1 accounts. Quick update found nothing since the last update 5 months prior. I went to Cap1, downloaded everything from both accounts for that time period. When I opened them Quicken didn't know what account to put them in (happened with another bank also). So i had to chose which account to link the download to.
    The anxiety I have opening Quicken is like taking your car for service. You know something is going to be wrong, you just have no idea how many things are bad, nor how long it will take to fix. But at least with the car the gas and brake will be in the same place - with Quicken, not so sure.
  • wasso
    wasso Member ✭✭
    Checked my notes - I also end up deactivating and reactivating my account. I have done it so many times for Cap 1, I have the instructions saved in a spread sheet with my cheat sheet of fixes for several of my accounts. Along with the 3 hour chat I had back on 5/2/19 with this same issue, and 2/2020, 3/2020, and 8/2020. Do you see the pattern here.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you try to set up your CapOne account, do you first go into your online account and set up the Quicken link or relink it there?  (Relinking is often required when deactivating/reactivating or if for some other reason the CapOne setup in Quicken is broken.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)