Categories lost

Options
gfweir
gfweir Member
Cannot edit categories, can't see any categories except quicken tax related ones?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @gfweir. If you're talking about the Categories window, it's possible you accidentally hid all but unused categories. Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the window, and see if "Show only unused categories" is checked, and select it to uncheck if if so. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @gfweir

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties editing your categories. For clarification are you only seeing tax-related categories in the main category list or someplace else?

To check the main category list select Window >Payees and Rules. Make sure that you do not have a filter set for specific categories. From here you can also edit any category by selecting the pencil icon (bottom left corner). 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @gfweir. If you're talking about the Categories window, it's possible you accidentally hid all but unused categories. Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the window, and see if "Show only unused categories" is checked, and select it to uncheck if if so. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gfweir
    gfweir Member
    Options
    Thanks, that did the trick, although I could have sworn that I'd already done that....
This discussion has been closed.