Balance Sheet Missing

Osama966
Osama966 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I wish if there is Balance sheet

Answers

• Osama966
    Osama966 Member ✭✭
    Missing Balance sheet makes Quicken simple checklist full of mistakes example "Transfer" between multiple currency accounts
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is no report called "balance sheet", but for personal finances, a balance sheet is the same as a net worth report. The Net Worth report in Quicken Mac lists the balance of each account, separated into assets followed by liabilities, as of today or any specified date. Assets - Liabilities = Net Worth, or in balance sheet style, Assets = Liabilities + Net Worth.

So yes, Quicken Mac has a balance sheet report! Create a Net Worth report, customize it as you wish (for instance, you might want to exclude old, closed accounts) and save it with a title of "Balance Sheet". Done! :)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Osama966
    Osama966 Member ✭✭
    I agree with you that Net worth is almost like a balance sheet, however, due to some strange issues like broken transfers specially if they are multi currency the net worth is meaning less.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I’m not sure what issues you have with transfers, but if the Net Worth report isn’t useful, then a similar Balance Sheet report would likely have the same issues. 

Full multi-currency support in Quicken Mac doesn’t yet exist, but is promised for future development. It sounds like that’s your primary concern. When the Net Worth report accurately works for multiple currencies, then I believe it will function as a Balance Sheet report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.