can no longer download transactions from Capital One Credit Card Services (Windows)

lliuphx
lliuphx Member ✭✭✭
using R34.24 windows version of Quicken.
was stuck in authorization loop within Quicken.
Went online and de-linked Quicken from Capital One.
De-activated online access within Quicken.
Now, when I try to activate online access, I am getting an error message "Sorry, we encountered an error. (It's not your fault)"

Please let me know when Quicken is functional again.

Comments

• samait
    samait Member
    I just purchased quicken. I am trying to connect my capital one credit card and when i log into capital one while adding an account, it only connects the capital one checking. How can i get it to connect to the credit card? I am so confused!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have a Capital One credit card and no checking account. For downloading in Quicken I use Capital One Card Services as the Financial Institution name. Have you tried that yet?

• TonyN
    TonyN Member ✭✭
    I use that institution in Quicken. I have the same issue, been able to download and then it asked for reauthorization, which loops. I tried deactivation in Quicken and setting it up again, but now, I am unable to login, says "Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) Is it really at Quicken's end or am I doing something wrong?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TonyN

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Just to clarify - exactly which of the many Capital One entries (Account name) are you using with Quicken ?
    My Cap One Credit Card is using this setup.... Also, the Quicken Account entry has a special Express Web Connect "+" setup that initially sends a token that gets stored...
    07492    07492    07492    Capital One Card Services    https://www.capitalone.com/    1-800-955-7070    https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/signin    ACTIVE         CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT         BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• lliuphx
    lliuphx Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is "Capital One Card Services". I would think that the connection method & token would be taken care of by Quicken as part of activating online access. This is where I'm getting the error and not able to get online access activation.
  • pacepj
    pacepj Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue since yesterday. Quicken asked to reauthorize my accounts. Savings account reauthorized but credit card did not. See image
  • mschindl
    mschindl Member ✭✭
    I too have the same issue. The first time I called quicken support, on the 13th, they blamed in on Capital One. Today they finally said there is an open ticket on this. Yes, I use capital one card services and I used to download daily. Of course every day or so I had to reset the account and reauthorize. Support also said the solution would be posted in the community. I did not get a ticket number.
  • reddog
    reddog Member ✭✭
    I am having this same problem. Is this Capital One's bug or Quicken's, and any sense as to when it will be resolved? Thank you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mschindl
    mschindl Member ✭✭
    Has anyone heard any update or eta? This is not a good situation
  • Robert Honeyman
    Robert Honeyman Member ✭✭✭
    It is one of those things that used to be quite common. Banks change processes and Quicken scrambles to keep up. Solutions in the past have occasionally taken a couple of months, but more often days or weeks.

The workaround is to go to your credit card details and click on "What would you like to do (or something like that...). Select download/QIF. When that file opens up (I think you have to have Quicken open), it may ask you to select the account in question.

Klugey, but it works for me as a temporary fix.
  • I have also had this problem for about the past week. I did talk to Quicken "Premier" support twice. The first representative had no idea what was going on. However, the second representative - on Friday, 8/20/2020 - confirmed that it is a known Quicken problem but was unable to give me any sort of estimate as to when it is likely to be fixed. She advised me to *not* Deactivate the online services for that account.
  • mschindl
    mschindl Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    The support rep I spoke to on Friday said to deactivate the account. [removed - inaccurate]
  • I am having the same problem. It acts like it is connected, but no new transactions are downloading.
  • jan_w
    jan_w Member
    I found the same issue with my Capital One credit card transactions beginning on 8/23. Last time I updated was on 8/4. I am running the current release of the Windows subscription, R35.23. Reauthorization did not work. I deactivated the account and have been unsuccessfully trying to establish a new connection link. When I try to activate online access, I am getting an error message "Sorry, we encountered an error. (It's not your fault)". Hope a solution is available soon.
  • twrice88
    twrice88 Member ✭✭
    Reconnecting this morning worked. I had been using the download transactions / import method. Today I went to "edit account details" -> online services tab -> "upgrade connection method" and got the login to capital one dialog box. From there it connected and downloaded a bunch of duplicate transactions from the downloads. Deleted those individually and now I'm updating normally.
  • TonyN
    TonyN Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue, tried various after deactivating in Quicken. Tried this sequence this morning and it worked. 1) Performed One Step Update 2) Edit Acct Details of Cap One CC (do not select "Set Up Online" in menu 3) Under Online Services, select "Set Up Now" 4) Select "Start Over" 5) Select Capital Once Card Services"

If you see the login screen for Capital One for "authorization" it should work from there.
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    Same issue. I even tried deactiving online access. Now it won't activate because it's stuck in an authorization loop!
    Quicken Premier R48.18 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    I noticed, underneath the other authorization windows (hidden because the first one pops to the top) is a new one saying "Looking for your accounts at Capital One 360" with a blue progress circle. It just keeps spinning.
    Quicken Premier R48.18 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS
  • Mike_NC
    Mike_NC Member
    I was having the same problem of being stuck in the authorization loop. Quicken support had me logout (Edit, Preferences, Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts, Sign in as a different user), then log back in. After logging in, I reactivated the Capital One card services account and transactions downloaded fine.
  • Urgh. same issue R35.31 b27.1.35.31 ... attempted to reset my auth. to CapOne via the Quicken interface and now it downloaded my whole CapOne ledger since Jun. 2021 into a new account and didn't even allow me the option to recognize it as an existing account to link Urgh. fix this already
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    I tried the sign in as difference user (signout) and now quicken crashes EVERY TIME IT STARTS!
  • The reliable fix appears to be ...

. backup
    . Quicken ID re Signin as a Diff. User
    . Account List > Account > Edit > Online Services > Deactivate & Reactivate

Do not use the Reset Account feature, that appears to re authorize and duplicate accounts in the Quicken register

Cheers
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    I can confirm, the backup, Edit, Preferences, Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts, Sign in as a different user, then log back in. After logging in, I reactivated the Capital One card services account (Account > Edit > Online Services) and transactions downloaded fine. The trick for me was that once I logged out my QuickID, it would crash and crash again every restarted. I cleaned up with an empty file and validated my existing file.
  • I also confirm the most recent fix recommended works

. backup
    . Quicken ID re Signin as a Diff. User
    . Account List > Account > Edit > Online Services > Deactivate & Reactivate
This discussion has been closed.