RESOLVED - The downloaded file "quicken.r34.24.to.r35.23.wyu" failed the Adler32 validation

2»

Comments

• Murali Narayanan
    Murali Narayanan Member ✭✭✭
    Philip107 said:
    Seems odd to be going from R34.24 to R35.23. What happened to all those in between? I install all updates pushed out to me so I assume what I have now was the latest?
    Quicken seems to display internal release versions. they need to get this simplified for customer consumption.
  • sincethe80s
    sincethe80s Member ✭✭
    Same experience here with same exact error message, but fortunately no problem running Quicken with version R34.24 Build 27.1.34.24
  • Dave Swan
    Dave Swan Member ✭✭
    This is a chat response from Quicken Support:
    AgentAug 17, 2021, 9:02am
    Thank you very much for patiently waiting, let me tell you that it is a known issue and Quicken is already working to have it resolved. They did not provide an ETA but you can try during the next 24 - 48 hours, if you have a question I will provide you with a case number: T8789475
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this error the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams are investigating this error and have paused the release of R35.23 for the duration of the investigation, making version R34.24 the most current version of Quicken.

If this error is received, please close and re-open Quicken, which should clear the error and allow full use of the program.

For more information and to be automatically notified as further updates and/or resolution become available, please visit the Release Announcement here and bookmark the page.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓

Our teams are investigating this error and have paused the release of R35.23 for the duration of the investigation, making version R34.24 the most current version of Quicken.

For more information and to be automatically notified as further updates and/or resolution become available, please visit the Release Announcement here and bookmark the page.

Thank you,

Sarah
    UPDATE 8/17/21

Our teams have resolved this error and R35.23 is again available for download in Quicken through the Help menu > Check for Updates.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • jerryp.ny
    jerryp.ny Member ✭✭
    Thank you, that fixed it for me :smiley:
  • Quicken Sarah
    jerryp.ny said:
    Thank you, that fixed it for me :smiley:
    Thank you for confirming its fixed for you! - Sarah
  • Joel S.
    Joel S. Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Thank you for confirming its fixed for you! - Sarah

all good here too, thanks for the quick reply :)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Yep, 3rd time was a charm.  
  • David24
    David24 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    [removed - off-topic/unhelpful]
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    When I check for updates this morning the message says I'm current at R34.24. So R35.23 isn't installing or even trying too.

The One Step Update this morning reported that a new update was available.

But when I view update it messages that I'm already current.

So I guess the latest release of R35.23 is not for me????
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Philip107 said:
    When I check for updates this morning the message says I'm current at R34.24. So R35.23 isn't installing or even trying too.

The One Step Update this morning reported that a new update was available.

But when I view update it messages that I'm already current.

So I guess the latest release of R35.23 is not for me????

I just shut down Quicken and then restarted. I checked for updates and got the same message that I'm current at R34.24. I then reran OSU and it didn't report that a new update was available so I guess I'm good but still at R34.24, no R35.23.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Philip107 said:
    When I check for updates this morning the message says I'm current at R34.24.
    So R35.23 isn't installing or even trying too.
    You do realize that your posting has nothing to do with the topic title and the "packaging" error that was resolved.
    Your situation is totally different - and probably related to maybe having R35.xx "paused" again for some reason.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the Update yesterday and had no problems in installing the Version 35.23 Update in multiple partitions.

Of course, I clean the partitions, regularly manually deleting the Temp Files and folders and running CCleaner Free and Glary Utilities 5.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I received the Update yesterday and had no problems in installing the Version 35.23 Update in multiple partitions.

Of course, I clean the partitions, regularly manually deleting the Temp Files and folders and running CCleaner Free and Glary Utilities 5.
    Hi. I'm not familiar with the concept of partitions? What do you mean and how to do it, "clean the partitions".
    Thanks
  • MTGauthier
    MTGauthier Member ✭✭
    It's not clear to me how this issue is "resolved". Quicken release a patch that didn't work. I was prompted automatically to update on Quicken launch (which failed) and just ignoring and running Quicken again won't prompt. So, this is a non-blocking issue and you can ignore it.

But, if you manually choose Help Check for Updates you get this error again.

So, yo! Quicken are you releasing a new patch eventually that will update correctly or do we all have to uninstall and reinstall?
  • Quicken Sarah

So, yo! Quicken are you releasing a new patch eventually that will update correctly or do we all have to uninstall and reinstall?
    Hello @MTGauthier

A corrected patch was released in August to resolve this behavior.  If you are still experiencing issues and haven't already, please download and install the most current version (R36.17) available from here

This should update you to the latest release and remove any prompts you may still be receiving to install the 35.23 release.

On a side not, we did send out a brand new release this morning (R36.23) to a limited number of users, however this release has been paused and is not available for downloading directly within Quicken at this time.

For more information on our staged releases or to see what is included in the R36.23 release, please visit here and here.

I hope this information is helpful, also, as this is an older thread we will be closing it for further comments.  If you continue to experience difficulties or have any further questions/concerns, please start a new post.

Thank you again,

Sarah