Used to be able to vertically size the "Downloaded Transactions" window.

with the mouse. So I could see 1 or 2 transactions in the register. This is no longer available, and the Help files are outdated. Now, there is just the caret ^ to turn off the window (NOT plus/minus). My register window does not have room to show the "current, downloaded" transx, making it impossible to add a memo or tag or edit the transx at all until all transx are done.

Background: Desktop PC, Windows set at 175% text so I can read it.
The assumptions here seem to be that Quicken is perfect. I imagine under the hood is spaghetti code. Best practices for display technology should not be effected by how I size the text in Windows. But that's opinion. How about bringing back vertical sizing for the "Downloaded Transactions" window. I can scroll "Accept Transactions" for new transactions so I don't need 7 static lines there.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The vertical sizing of the Downloaded Transactions tab on the non investment accounts is still there (it has never been there on the investment accounts).

But it seems you can't reduce it to less than 5 1/2 transaction lines.
    The control to change the size isn't in a place you would expect.
    With the Downloaded Transactions tab expanded click and drag here:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Thanks Chris for helping with the description of these bugs.
    1) Vertical sizing is inconsistent throughout Quicken.
    2) Control for sizing is mysteriously placed.
    3) Where it is available, sizing is limited.
    4) Help files hopelessly out of date.
    5) Controls for the "Download Transactions" window Disappear. See screenshot.
    I think bad coding and too much of it make simple changes (like these 5) impossible to address.
  • rsmoore
    rsmoore Member ✭✭
    On the current version of Quicken Premier subscription, I found the resizing tool for register to download screen. It is a very thin horizontal line under the register's scroll bar. I have too been aggravated that I could not change the size of the download window! It would have been nice to know via help! To be honest, I don't use help anymore as I always use this forum to resolve issues or just get information!
  • BJIowa
    BJIowa Member
    Is there any way to change the size for all bank and credit card accounts at the same time? Or do you have to do one at a time?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BJIowa said:
    Is there any way to change the size for all bank and credit card accounts at the same time? Or do you have to do one at a time?
    You have to do it one at a time.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/