Transactions don't show under security in Portfolio view

mvitulli
mvitulli Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I have a Fidelity Brokerage account that I track on Quicken for Mac. I download transactions. The share balances for all securities are correct, the transactions all appear under the Transactions tab, but various sell transactions for one security do not appear under that security in the Porfolio view. I tried Quicken Chat but that person couldn't help. I saw that others had this problem since 2018. Are there any new solutions?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I'm confused by what you are seeing or expecting to see. The Portfolio window does not show transactions; it shows your holdings; the Transaction window shows the actual transactions.

In the Portfolio window, if you Group by Security, and you click on the little triangle to the left of the security name, it will show the individual lots you hold of this security. Is this what you're referring to as the Buy transactions? In a sense, it's similar to Buy transactions -- but it will also show any reinvested dividends or capital gains, and it won't show past purchases which have subsequently been sold.

If that's not what you're referring to, please provide some additional information. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    Do only BUY transactions show up under the security in Portfolio view?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I'm confused by what you are seeing or expecting to see. The Portfolio window does not show transactions; it shows your holdings; the Transaction window shows the actual transactions.

In the Portfolio window, if you Group by Security, and you click on the little triangle to the left of the security name, it will show the individual lots you hold of this security. Is this what you're referring to as the Buy transactions? In a sense, it's similar to Buy transactions -- but it will also show any reinvested dividends or capital gains, and it won't show past purchases which have subsequently been sold.

If that's not what you're referring to, please provide some additional information. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    Yes, I am referring to what happens when I click on the little triangle to left of security name. I realized it only show purchases shortly after I posted the query. Thanks, Jacobs.
This discussion has been closed.