My bank is being absorbed/bought by another bank. How to change routing number?

My bank is being bought out. How to change the routing number?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    ateHi @SGL

You need to do the following:

1) Open the account register > click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    2) Select "Edit Account Details";
    3) On the "General" tab you will see the field for "Routing Number"

Keep in mind that you may also need to edit other account information (such as the account number and also the Financial Institution Name).  That will require you to go to the "Online Services" tab and first "Deactivate" the account in the "Online setup" section, and then "Reactivate" (i.e. "Activate" the new account).

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    ateHi @SGL

You need to do the following:

1) Open the account register > click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    2) Select "Edit Account Details";
    3) On the "General" tab you will see the field for "Routing Number"

Keep in mind that you may also need to edit other account information (such as the account number and also the Financial Institution Name).  That will require you to go to the "Online Services" tab and first "Deactivate" the account in the "Online setup" section, and then "Reactivate" (i.e. "Activate" the new account).

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    After the change at the bank is complete, you just need to de-activate and re-activate One Step Update for the account.
    You do that by editing the account from the Account List (Tools menu) and selecting the Online Services tab.  Make sure that you "link" and not "add" the account since "add" would create a new account.
    Be real careful with the first download as there could be duplicates presented for acceptance.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list