ONLINE BILL PAY NOT ACCESSIBLE

I am beyond frustrated.

I have been using Quicken for 10+ years. Online downloading stopped working for my cc accounts. I created a new file. Now I CAN NOT get Quicken to recognize that my BofA checking account has bill pay. I CAN NOT set up to SEND ONLINE PAYMENTS from within Quicken. I have been trying for weeks... months. No one has been able to offer a solution.

Trying again for direction. I'm WAY beyond ticked off at this point. Please, someone, tell me a solution.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, and confirm the online bill payment services are setup.
  • Thank you. I can see the bottom portion for bill pay is empty - but I have no clue how to activate it. I have been using BofA Bill Pay for years. I know it is set up at BofA - how do I get Quicken to recognize this??
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Thank you. I can see the bottom portion for bill pay is empty - but I have no clue how to activate it. I have been using BofA Bill Pay for years. I know it is set up at BofA - how do I get Quicken to recognize this??
    To be able setup the online bill payment service in Quicken, the financial institution name needs to be set to: Bank of America-All Other States and the connection method needs to be: Direct Connect.

If you're not using this financial institution name, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of each of the account registers associated with BofA and clear the financial institution name on their General tabs.  After you have deactivated the Online Services and cleared the financial institution name on all the registers, when you subsequently set up the accounts to use the Direct Connect connection method with Bank of America-All Other States as the name of the financial institution, Quicken should provide a list of the accounts it finds at the financial institution and enable you to link them to the existing registers.

After you have setup the payment account register in Quicken to use the Direct Connect connection method with Bank of America-All Other States as the financial institution, you should be able to setup the online bill payment service on the Online Services tab of the payment account register.
This discussion has been closed.