Issue resetting account with Bank of America

dcheath
dcheath Member
I have been having issues with synching with Bank of America so I chose to [Reset Account] to ensure the connection method was OK/reset. Now when I try to [Set up Now] under Online Services, Quicken cannot find Bank of America and is attempting to set up a new account manually! I only have about 10 years of data assigned to the old account!

Is there an issue with reconnecting an existing account to Bank of America?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dcheath

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, are you getting any specific error messages or codes? What instance are you trying to use to connect to Bank of America? I was able to find several viable instances with the top two being the most popular. A visual example is below. 

Please provide further details so we may move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • dcheath
    dcheath Member
    I'm not being asked for any instance of Bank of America. I go straight from [Set up Now] to the message that we couldn't get information from Bank of America (see screenshot)
  • dcheath
    dcheath Member
    On the Account itself, it is referencing Bank of America - Quicken
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dcheath

Thank you for your response and the screenshot, those are most helpful. To get a better understanding and obtain more information regarding the issue I would highly recommend creating a test file, attempt to connect and download transactions. This will determine if the issue is with the actual connection, server, or file. Before creating a test file please save a backup of your current file. 

To create a back up select File >Copy or Backup File >Create a complete backup. 

To create a test file select File >New Quicken File >OK. You will then be asked to give the file a name, type in test, and make sure you save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file is created, attempt to add the account(s).
    Please let us know the outcome of the test file and/or if you get any error messages/codes. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Mark233
    Mark233 Member ✭✭
    Today (08/27/21, 8:10AM CT) I am getting download errors (-28) and partial downloads (-28) on all of my Bank of America accounts.
  • 1matt1
    1matt1 Member
    I'm having the same issue. I tried resetting my account but it's not allowing the connection. I've tried a new file too and the issue is the same. Quicken won't connect to B of A.
  • RNeisser
    RNeisser Member ✭✭
    Yes I'm not getting the code with which to enter to get my B of A updates.
  • mike
    mike Member ✭✭
    One step update is not requesting an authorization code when attempting to update my Bank of America accounts (as it normally does). One step update is immediately showing processing data and then completing with zero new transactions found. When I click on the "2 accounts updated" hypertext in one step update summary it shows the online balance is from 8/14, the last time I did perform a one step update. When I log into my BOA website directly, it goes through the process of sending a authorization code via text, and I am able to input that code online to access my banking info as normal - so the website appears to be working fine.

What's going on with the quicken one step update process for BOA? One step update is working fine for all my other credit card and investment accounts.

Using Quicken for Windows, R34.24, Build 27.134.24 on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Mike
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
  • mike
    mike Member ✭✭
    Bank of America, Express Web Connect
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    mike said:
    Bank of America, Express Web Connect
    Bank of America is not listed as supporting the Express Web Connect connection method.  Perhaps you should be using one of these financial institution names:

Bank of America - CashPro
    Bank of America - Health Accounts
    Bank of America - Quicken
    Bank of America CashPay Visa Card
    Bank of America Community Bank
    Bank of America Credit Card
    Bank of America EDD Debit Card
    Bank of America Money Network
    Bank of America-All Other States
    Bank of America-Wealth Management
  • trex3610
    trex3610 Member ✭✭
    My Bank of America balance updated but the transactions did not download. Tried resetting without good results. When I did a download of the transactions, Quicken would not allow me to link to the account.
  • redondodave
    redondodave Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem and not able to resolve
  • lawoodrow
    lawoodrow Member
    I am having the same error as other members on this threat: download errors (-28) and partial download errors (-30) from Bank of America, for the last two days.
  • r_clement
    r_clement Member ✭✭
    Up until the latest upgrade version 27.1.35.26, B of A has required a 2 factor identification. After the upgrade the 2 factor process does not happen and the account does not update. Something about the upgrade disrupted the account update for BofA.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, 

We are currently looking more into Windows/Mac users experiencing 501/101 errors with BoA. We're currently looking to collect more information on the issue. We'll want to collect the logs to see if we're able to figure out what exactly might be happening. You can submit your logs (All should be selected by default) by going across the top to help > report a problem. In the subject log you'll want to put BoA 501/101. Once you've done so please let us know and we'll look further into the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Mark233
    Mark233 Member ✭✭
    I have the 101 problem. I was able to connect using a test file. But can't connect using my real file. I've sent the logs.
  • redondodave
    redondodave Member ✭✭
    I was able to resolve my B of A sync issue. I restored a backup file, then re-linked to my B of A accounts. It took several hours of effort. Re-start computer...screw around with Quicken...re-start again... Don't see BoA in my log files. I believe problem started with Quicken update
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, 

We are currently seeing increase in errors from Bank of America not downloading transactions. We are currently aware of the issue and are looking into it. We currently do not have an ETA. If you would like to follow the issue I will leave a link down below. To follow the post you'll want to click the ribbon to the right of the title. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898481/new-8-30-21-no-new-transactions-from-bank-of-america#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • ldylwyrva
    ldylwyrva Member ✭✭
    For the last couple of days, I've been getting a CC-601 error when downloading from my Bank of America account. The error says: "We cannot find an account with a non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months. Please check on your FI website and try again." I have two accounts with Bank of America, both of which have non-zero balances and with activity in the last 12 months.
  • Mark233
    Mark233 Member ✭✭
    No resolution yet?
  • jaf25x
    jaf25x Member ✭✭
    Still not getting transactions downloaded. No error code just no transactions.
  • Same here. no Transactions get downloaded. When I reset connection, it works, but only once. Pain to reset the connection all the time. Link above to follow the resolution does not work for me.
  • DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Same here as everybody else. Spoke to Bank of America and they say it is a Quicken issue. Will stop using Bank of America products for now.
  • molterlynn
    molterlynn Member ✭✭
    Unable to download Bank of America accounts. I reset all of my accounts - worked for a while. Then stopped working so I update login and that works for my accounts but need to reset each time I want to download. No error messages. I can get the downloads sometimes but not always after updating login each time. Link above from quicken gives me a no access message.
This discussion has been closed.