In Quicken Deluxe, account list, register and holdings do not agree; Holdings is correct

Walt314
Walt314 Member
Long time user - started in last 2 weeks. First time seemed to self correct. This not so.
List and Register agree, but wrong. Holdings button balance OK. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you save a data file backup (press Ctrl + B) and then, open the investment register, press Ctrl + Shift + Zand select OK.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I suggest you check the computer's system date.
  • Walt314
    Walt314 Member
    Thank you, Sherlock, for the reply. At your suggestion, checked date/time and it was correct at synch yesterday. I re-synch'd and still correct. Then I rechecked all 6 Investment accounts and 5 still correct on all 3 fronts, the 1 offending account still disagrees in same way. I then closed Quicken and re-opened and problem still persists.
  • Walt314
    Walt314 Member
    Further, I just confirmed that for the offending account the Account Value in Balances tab in the Online Center is also the correct balance.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an idea, If the number of shares is right you might have a price dated in the future or a wrong price listed for the current date. Edit the price history to check. Or even a transaction dated in the future.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Walt314
    Walt314 Member
    Thanks, Volvogirl. I had already checked that since the size of the difference meant it could only be in one or more of my largest holdings and all was OK. I still don't understand how the system can be internally inconsistent with respect to one of the most important balances in the system.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you save a data file backup (press Ctrl + B) and then, open the investment register, press Ctrl + Shift + Zand select OK.
  • Walt314
    Walt314 Member
    Sherlock, Dude, you da MAN! That last suggestion did the trick - all 3 figures now agree on the Holdings figure from the beginning. I can't thank you enough. You hung in, followed along and ultimately scored the winning point. Thanks, again Walt314
This discussion has been closed.