Use Large Fonts is Missing Something

I have had to go to “Use large fonts” in the View selection on the top menu (eyes aren’t what they use to be). Both the ‘One Step Update Settings’ screen and the ‘Enter Vault Password’ screen also enlarge. When I reconcile using the button ‘Reconcile an Account’ the screen comes out in a small/narrow version. I then have to stretch the screen larger so I can see all of each entry. Then when I backup or close Quicken the reconcile screen needs to be enlarged/stretched wider again. Would it be possible for the reconcile screen to be kept enlarged/widened so I don’t have to keep enlarging it each time I reconcile, backup or close/open Quicken?

I have checked my database/table and it is not corrupt.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Richard249

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the larger fonts. I've been taking a look to see if I see a similar issue but it seems to remain consistently bigger on my end. I'm wondering what might be causing the issue you're seeing. Do you enlarge it past what's large font normally scales to then it doesn't remember it? I'd like to look a bit further into this to make sure we're seeing the same thing.

Once you get a chance let us know a bit more and we'll take a look to see if we're having the same issue with scaling.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Richard249
    Richard249 Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco

Yes, I must enlarge the pop up window (Reconcile an Account) by putting my cursor on the right margin and holding it, then stretching out the window so I can real the entire entry on the Payee line. Is there a test database from Quicken I could load and see if I could duplicate the problem with standardized data?
  • Richard249
    Richard249 Member ✭✭
    Him Francisco - I did some screen captures with comments so this might help.

Image 1 is the normal size font. You can see the full Payee line. On the right you can see everything as usual.

Image 2 is ‘Use large font’. To see the full Payee line I must drag the image larger using the right margin, Image 3. Now I can see the full Payee line.

Now after reconciling, and either saving the data or closing Quicken, to see the full Payee line when going back to reconciling I must again drag the right margin. The reconcile window does not keep or save its enlarged/widened size (image 3) it is again like image 2.

Thanks for you help.
  • Richard249
    Richard249 Member ✭✭
    Hope these upload this time.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Richard249

Thanks for the screenshots. They helped with finding out what exactly was happening. After taking a further looks this is something that'd we'd want to make an idea of. This will let out developers know about want the program to remember popup window sizes after closing/saving the file. I'll leave a post down below on how to create an idea post.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco