Message - "Do you want to use Quicken Cloud to securely import your Quicken 2007 file" ?

Options
CharPatton
CharPatton Member ✭✭
I finally bit the bullet and decided to upgrade from awesome Quicken for Mac 2007 to Quicken Deluxe for Mac 2021.

Import took a while but seemed to go fine.

But now each and every time I open the new version of Quicken, that dialog box pops up!

...Do you want to use Quicken Cloud to securely import your Quicken 2007 file?
...This version of Quicken uses Quicken Cloud to import Quicken 2007 files.

It's done its job the one time I used it, but I'm pretty sure I'll never need to do the import again.

How do I get rid of that popup for the future?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can use the File > Move To command in Quicken to move your data file without even knowing where it currently lives. But to answer your question…

If you click the red "Q" logo on the top right of the main Quicken window and select "Show in Finder".

Or you can navigate there manually...
     Macintosh HD > Users > [your user name] > Library > Application Support > Quicken > Documents

Note that Apple hides the User Library folder by default. In the Finder, pull down the Go menu and when you hold down the Option key, the Library folder will appear as a choice in the menu.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Options
    Two quick questions: How are you launching Quicken each time? Where do you have your Quicken data file stored?
  • CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    Options
    Many, many thanks for weighing in!

1) Double clicking on the icon I have after importing (pls see attached .jpg of icon)

2) I moved the data file from the library to an encrypted disk image. I mount/decrypt the image, and then double click on the icon per above.

Much appreciated!
    QDF.jpg 23.1K
  • jacobs
    Options
    And that's the problem. That icon is your Quicken 2007 data file. So each time you double-click it, it thinks you want to import this file.

Instead, you want to put in your dock either an alias of the Quicken.app icon from your Applications folder or an alias of your Quicken Mac data file. These icons are red with a white Q.
  • CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    Options
    Excellent; thanks!

In my inane way, I thought I was accessing the Quicken Mac data file I had imported into, but I seem to have screwed up and somehow snagged the original Q2007 data file.

Where does the new Quicken Mac data file (that I imported the Q2007 data into) live? Once I find that I'll move it to the encrypted disk image.

Much appreciated!
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can use the File > Move To command in Quicken to move your data file without even knowing where it currently lives. But to answer your question…

If you click the red "Q" logo on the top right of the main Quicken window and select "Show in Finder".

Or you can navigate there manually...
     Macintosh HD > Users > [your user name] > Library > Application Support > Quicken > Documents

Note that Apple hides the User Library folder by default. In the Finder, pull down the Go menu and when you hold down the Option key, the Library folder will appear as a choice in the menu.
  • CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem solved.

You are awesome; thank you SO MUCH for sharing your expertise!!!
This discussion has been closed.