Bank transfer from brokerage account showing as realized gain with lower amount than xfer? (Q Mac)

Robhawaii
Robhawaii Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I initiated a bank transfer of $1,000 from brokerage money market fund to my personal checking account. When reviewing my current month Category Summary report it shows a realized gain of $741. My understanding is that this transaction should not show as a realized gain, but as a transfer.

Brokerage account detail shows (Date, Type, Security, Desc/Category, Invest Amt, Amount:
8/18/21, Sell, Money Market, 1,000 shares at $1.00, $-1,000, $1,000
8/18/21, Payment/Deposit, Check, Transfer, 0, $-1,000

Checking account detail shows:
8/19/21, Brokerage Sell, Transfer, $1,000

In the brokerage there is only one other transaction this quarter for $.32 as a Reinvest Dividend. I can't figure out the $259 difference reported as realized gain ($1,000-$741).

Note that I recently started using Quicken with a 7/1/21 conversion date.
Thanks
Rob

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Robhawaii

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with a discrepancy. I'm wondering what exactly might be causing the issue since it sounds like you went through the transactions. In this case it may be helpful to have some screenshots so we're also able to see if there might be something odd going on as well. This should help us in finding out exactly what could be happening.  I'll leave instructions on how to do so down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Once you get a chance let us know more about the issue with the screenshots and we'll see what steps we can take to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.