Capital One Unable to update

Comments

• Worldwide
    Worldwide Member
    Tried the fix Anja suggested but no luck. Just started happening to me about August 15, 2021. Anybody got a good fix yet?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Worldwide

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more details. For instance, are you getting any error messages or codes? Does this also occur in a backup? 

Please provide further details so that we may forward with diagnosing/troubleshooting this issue as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • John Robinson
    John Robinson Member ✭✭
    Having the exact same issue. After attempting to update, either through One Step or Update Now, it comes back with a CC-901. Message says " Your bank is requesting that you reauthorize your account. Click Reauthorize." I click the button that says "Reauthorize". A window opens and says "Connectivity Problems" at the top. Then Capital One Card Services. It repeats the message in the window. When I click reauthorize on that button a green circle spins for a while and then disappears and the reauthorize button is again able to be pushed. It will do this same thing forever.

There is no local connectivity issue as all other accounts update and internet functions are fine.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @John Robinson,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-901.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CEANDRA
    CEANDRA Member ✭✭
    I have not been able to download from Cap One Card Services for over a month. It says to re-authorize, but when I click the button it loops back to the same page.

Today I reconciled all prior downloaded transactions, and then tried "account reset". Same issue. So I deactivated online services, and tried to re-establish online support. Now when it tries to log into Cap One, It gives the error with "not your fault" message.

I am running a version of Quicken about a year old due to other broken issues in later versions of Quicken that Quicken will not acknowledge nor resolve, having to do with random jumping to different items in the downloaded list when attempting to enter them. So at this point I cannot update quicken without ruining the downloaded transaction entry process.

I am running version R26.23. Problem with downloaded transactions is detailed here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877905/improper-list-movement-in-list-when-accepting-downloaded-transactions#latest

Chuck
  • John Robinson
    John Robinson Member ✭✭
    No, the CC-901 instructions are not helping. As listed in my description above, it never goes past the "Reathorization" button. It spins and the presents the same window again with no changes. It never asks for a sign in (already signed in). It never shows account, etc. Based on the number of people having the same issue it appears to be something that needs to be escalated.
  • Ceandra has described my issue and procedures exactly. I was unable to re-authorize, so reset and then deactivated. Now I cannot reactivate online access. After entering my Capital One login info, I get the Quicken message: "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)
  • jhoovertx3
    jhoovertx3 Member
    > @CEANDRA said:
    > I have not been able to download from Cap One Card Services for over a month. It says to re-authorize, but when I click the button it loops back to the same page.
    >
    > Today I reconciled all prior downloaded transactions, and then tried "account reset". Same issue. So I deactivated online services, and tried to re-establish online support. Now when it tries to log into Cap One, It gives the error with "not your fault" message.
    >
    > I am running a version of Quicken about a year old due to other broken issues in later versions of Quicken that Quicken will not acknowledge nor resolve, having to do with random jumping to different items in the downloaded list when attempting to enter them. So at this point I cannot update quicken without ruining the downloaded transaction entry process.
    >
    > I am running version R26.23. Problem with downloaded transactions is detailed here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877905/improper-list-movement-in-list-when-accepting-downloaded-transactions#latest
    >
    > Chuck

I have the same or similar problem with cap one accounts for over a month also.
  • bmackey55
    bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
    I have a similar issue. No transactions have downloaded from CapitalOne credit card since 10-Aug-2021. I do not get any errors either with One-Step update nor Update within the CapitalOne register. I just don't get any transactions and I have had approximately 15 transactions since the 10th.

I would normally have it resent online access but I don't want to do that given all the other issues posted with Capital One right now.
  • AlexKT
    AlexKT Member
    > @"Kathy Burns Carey" said:
    > Ceandra has described my issue and procedures exactly. I was unable to re-authorize, so reset and then deactivated. Now I cannot reactivate online access. After entering my Capital One login info, I get the Quicken message: "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)

I've done the same and have gotten the exact same results.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I believe a couple of you are experiencing issues with the Capital One card services connection specifically. We are currently seeing issues with the connection and are actively working on resolving the errors. If you would like to follow the issue I will leave a link down below. You can follow it by clicking the ribbon to the right of the discussion title. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7897908/ongoing-8-25-21-capital-one-card-services-returns-cc-501-error#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.