Getting CC-585 error with Chase

Options
Error message is:
A security question is required to complete the download

WHERE do I enter the answer to the security question? What is the security question?

When I go to chase.com and login all is well. It's not asking me for any security question answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • rlfromm
    rlfromm Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use direct connect and I get the same error too. The normal dialog to verify the account access is not appearing during update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rlfromm said:
    I use direct connect and I get the same error too. The normal dialog to verify the account access is not appearing during update.
    Interesting.  We use the Direct Connect connection method with Chase and do not get this Express Web Connect error code.  Are you certain you're using the Direct Connect connection method? 

Open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select the Online Services tab:

• punkinhead26
    punkinhead26 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I have mine set to Direct Connect.
    Would the online bill payment settings cause any issues? Although, I've not changed anything in there and it worked fine the last time I connected...
  • punkinhead26
    punkinhead26 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, unlike the screenshot that Sherlock posted, I do not have the option to "Change connection method"
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    rlfromm said:
    I think you are mistaken and not using direct connect.  Error messages that start with CC - are for Express web connect errors.  Direct connect errors start with OL-
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would the online bill payment settings cause any issues? Although, I've not changed anything in there and it worked fine the last time I connected...
    Possibly.  I gather you've updated to the staged R35 release.  We're still on R34.24.

Also, unlike the screenshot that Sherlock posted, I do not have the option to "Change connection method"
    I suspect you don't have the option to change the connection method because Bank Bill Pay requires Direct Connect.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I notice in your screenshot you have both Quicken Bill Manager and Bank Bill Pay enabled (both set to Yes).

I would suspect then that it is Quicken Bill Manager that is throwing the CC-585 error.
    Signature:
  • rlfromm
    rlfromm Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I think you are mistaken and not using direct connect.  Error messages that start with CC - are for Express web connect errors.  Direct connect errors start with OL-

No, I'm not mistaken. As I said I am using direct connection please see the attached image.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As @Chris_QPW eluded to, you should not have both bill payment processes set to yes. I would encourage you to use Chase and deactivate Quicken Bill Manager.

• punkinhead26
    punkinhead26 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I disabled Quicken Bill Manager and tried to d/l from Chase again. And still getting the same error. Attaching screen shot.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very weird. I'm not sure what is going on here.
    Signature:
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While it is not a security question (your original post), Chase requires that Quicken be authenticated from Chase's website. It's shown below... Have you done that?