Need help: moving from Deluxe 2017 to Subscription.

What is the process for installing the exe file that will ensure that my data is correctly transferred.

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Once you install the latest subscription version of Quicken, either click on the "restore backup" icon below the toolbar at the top of your screen -or- click on File, Restore a backup file - and navigate to your most recent backup file either from the Quicken automatic backup or from the backup on an external hard drive or flash drive and your data will transfer to your new Quicken version.
    I do hope you have more than one backup file!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not already done so you might want to read more about the process here:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thank you for getting back to me.
    In the interim, I reached a telephone agent who was able to answer my questions about the removal of the old version and addition of the new that comes up when executing the downloaded upgrade file. . The article to which you refer, was something that I had seen. It is what caused my concern with its reference to a new install. The process is actually quite simple. Nowhere on the Quicken site, easily found. is a statement to follow the prompts on the exe file, and not to worry about the removal of your old program file. All data remains safe. I was looking for reassurance on the safety of the upgrade. Telephone agent was knowledgeable, all went well, took minutes for the whole process.
    With a critical program like this, it is understandable that I was cautious before the upgrade.
    I appreciate your help and concern.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the process for installing the exe file that will ensure that my data is correctly transferred.
    Hi @"Linda_Friedman_1230 ,

Please keep the Quicken 2017 Installer, in case you don't like the Quicken Deluxe Subscription Version at this point in time.

There is no Data File Conversion between Quicken 2016, 2017 and Subscription Data Files. The Data Files are interchangeable.

You always want to restore the last Manual Backup File after installing a new Quicken Program. Not necessary to do with Version Updates.

See this Faq for Reference: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754