Problems with Bills& Income

I have been getting Alerts for B & I sayingBill Presentment: Biller needs attention.
Next I received a snail mail letter from Verizon stating that my account had been compromised together with some others.  They indicated that an unknown party had acquired my user name and password.  This made me feel why my Quicken account may have been locked out.  Verizon recommended changing my password which I did.  Then I went to B & I and wanted to access Verizon .  I clicked on the icon in B & Income page, receiving the Update Login window which in turn gave me the window to login in to Verizon.  I entered my user name and new password and received the window Getting eBill Provider Login Information which was followed, after some time, by the Connect to Verizon Wireless screen with the error message "Incorrect username or password.  Please try again".  I had checked the box "Add credentials to keychain".  To verify that I had used the correct username and P/W I signed onto my Verizon webpage successfully using the same data as I used in Quicken.  
I waited a day and tried again.  Same results.
The problem appears to be with Quicken and I see no other way to resolve the issue than the path I followed.
Am I missing something?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Hello @jobworker

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Verizon Wireless password. I was taking a look on our end to see if it was syncing properly and noticed that it seemed to be having issues on the server side. I've tried a couple of things here on my end to see if we can get it corrected. 

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if we were able to get your biller loading in properly.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I do not see a gear at the top left side of B & I??  Is that a Windows feature?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @jobworker

I did do directions to windows you're correct. I apologize for that. I believe you may just need to try readding the biller as you previously had. Ideally it should still let us sync to the biller system. If it does not let us know so we can see what our next step is.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Today there is no problem.  I did not do anything.  So lets see how it works out.  Tomorrow is another day and hopefully there will be a repeat of todays good fortune.  If not, I will let you know.  Thanks for being there and ready to help.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I had the same problem on my production version of Quicken and unlinked my eBill Verizon account and then added it again.  However, this is the key part, instead of selecting Verizon from the presented Icons, see screen shot "Initial presentation", I typed in Verizon and was then given another option.  See screen shot "Secondary presentation".  I selected Verizon Residential and completed the setup.  The problem has now gone away.  Verizon must have done something in their system because initially I set it up, a long time ago, having selected Initial presentation, and it worked for many months.
    I apologize for not having mentioned that selection issue before, when I had the problem with Beta and reported it to you.
    Problem solved.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @jobworker

Thanks for the update. That is interesting the other connection seemed to of worked just fine. I will keep that in mind from now on for Verizon. Thank you for sharing the information. If you do run into any other issues please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Will do.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    During the last two months I have not received Verizon eBills even though everything looks Kosher.  I believe the problem lies with Verizon.  Any news regarding Verizon from your perspective?
This discussion has been closed.