How do I let a second person work on my accounts?

Options
traypup
traypup Member ✭✭
I am looking for a way to let my virtual assistant get into my Quicken and work on my accounts. I use Quicken for Mac and she's on Windows. Do I just sync my file to the web and she can work on it via the web interface and then when she's done, I sync that back to my file? I can't find anything about this in help.
Tagged:

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.  Nothing you can do.  She would have to use your Mac and the real Data file.  If you need other users to  access the file you should look into using QuickBooks instead of Quicken.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• volvogirl
    Options
    Oh, by the way, Quicken for Mac is different than for Windows.  You can't share the same data file.    You would have to convert each time to move between them.  If she had a Mac you could move the datafile back and forth but it would be easy to mess it up and get out of sync.

• volvogirl
    Options

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was thinking about the Quicken on the Web option, too.  But know that Quicken on the Web is not the full featured Quicken.  It has somewhat limited features and functionality.  You might want to set up Quicken on the Web and check it out to see if that might meet your and her needs.  If it does, then you could give her access to that.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• traypup
    traypup Member ✭✭
    Options
    ARGH! I'm going to try out Quicken on the web with her and hopefully she'll be able to use it. I didn't plan for a VA when I settled on Quicken (after trying multiple applications) or I sure would have gone a different route!

Thank you for your help!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traypup said:
    ARGH! I'm going to try out Quicken on the web with her and hopefully she'll be able to use it. I didn't plan for a VA when I settled on Quicken (after trying multiple applications) or I sure would have gone a different route!

Thank you for your help!
    You probably already know this but I thought I'd mention it in case you do not:  Quicken on the Web is a free feature of your Quicken subscription installation.
    Some have confused this with Simplifi which is a totally different Quicken subscription program that is web-based with its own subscription fee.  It does not interface at all with Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.